Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz is 'not impressed' with GSP

Quote Originally Posted by Goremire View Post
    Hendricks has to get the shot, surely? KO'd Fitch and Kampmann who were both top ten or even (arguably) top 5 when he fought them?

I don't see any reason why he should fight Diaz, who is coming off suspension and is a public relations liability in big fights.
    Agreed.

Diaz is coming off a loss, then a suspension. I don't see how he is anywhere near #1 contendership.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    Agreed.

Diaz is coming off a loss, then a suspension. I don't see how he is anywhere near #1 contendership.
    He was the SF champion, coming off a huge win streak...

He lost a close fight to Condit... many thought he actually won...

Dont see why he "isnt anywhere near #1 contendership"

More deserving than Hendricks? no, but Diaz's saleability will only help him get a shot somewhere down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Hendrick can say "Please" 1000 times. He will not get the shot because everybody knows that GSP vs Silva and GSP vs Diaz will give much more money to Dana.
    Its odd to see so many fans fail to realize that part... The UFC wants to put on the big $ fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    Considering his opponent and the circumstances I'd say Hendricks has KO of the year. How can you not give this guy a title shot?
    If the Anderson fight is made... No WW deserves a shot more than Hendricks, but Anderson does...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I agree that Sonnen, and Diaz are very different people. Diaz is a thug, Sonnen only plays one on TV.
    Sonnen is the criminal... not Diaz.... In the laws eyes anyways
    Last edited by Kimbo> Rampage; 11-19-2012 at 09:13 AM.

And Nick is right on cue........

Put Nick Diaz vs Johnny Hendricks and Weidman vs Bisping on the GSP vs Silva card. Winners get next title shots.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Put Nick Diaz vs Johnny Hendricks and Weidman vs Bisping on the GSP vs Silva card. Winners get next title shots.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

I want to see GSP fight Hendricks and Diaz. Hendricks deserves a shot and I am sure Diaz will get his sometime after.

Weidman shouldn't have to fight anyone else either.

8. Default

If anyone believes Nick Diaz should be in a #1 contenders match, that is degrading the sport yall claim to love and want to protect.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    If anyone believes Nick Diaz should be in a #1 contenders match, that is degrading the sport yall claim to love and want to protect.
    He lost a controversial decision to the guy who gave the champ his toughest fight in years. If they were to have another #1 contender match, it would be degrading to the sport to leave him out in favor of someone else.

Don't think anyone is arguing that he deserves it more then Hendricks, but if GSP fights Silva and the UFC wants Hendricks to stay busy, a fight with Diaz makes the most sense.

Zombie is born!

Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    He lost a controversial decision to the guy who gave the champ his toughest fight in years. If they were to have another #1 contender match, it would be degrading to the sport to leave him out in favor of someone else.

Don't think anyone is arguing that he deserves it more then Hendricks, but if GSP fights Silva and the UFC wants Hendricks to stay busy, a fight with Diaz makes the most sense.
    Actually if Rory beats BJ then he makes the most sense. I'm sure the UFC brass would love to see GSP's buddy beat the #1 contender, then they'd have a Canadian style Rashad-Bones brodown situation.

Thread Information