Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz is 'not impressed' with GSP

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    If anyone believes Nick Diaz should be in a #1 contenders match, that is degrading the sport yall claim to love and want to protect.
    lol. Whatever you say Mr. Sonnen fan.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Actually if Rory beats BJ then he makes the most sense. I'm sure the UFC brass would love to see GSP's buddy beat the #1 contender, then they'd have a Canadian style Rashad-Bones brodown situation.
    Rory has fought a top 10 once before, and he lost. How does beating a guy Nick Diaz beat and getting stopped by Condit make him a better contender then Diaz or Hendricks?

I absolutely think he's the most talented up and comer at WW, but he needs some more big fights under his belt. The fight with Penn is like his coming out party.

Zombie is born!

3. Default

I think diaz should have to rematch condit before he's even mentioned in a contenders match

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    I think diaz should have to rematch condit before he's even mentioned in a contenders match
    Yeah I guess Condit got off easy not having to rematch Kampmann before he fought GSP.

Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    Rory has fought a top 10 once before, and he lost. How does beating a guy Nick Diaz beat and getting stopped by Condit make him a better contender then Diaz or Hendricks?

I absolutely think he's the most talented up and comer at WW, but he needs some more big fights under his belt. The fight with Penn is like his coming out party.
    That's why I said if he beats Penn. If he beats Penn he will be on a 4 fight win streak, which is also Diaz's biggest recent win. If you factor in that Diaz is coming off a loss, and a suspension, I think that would put Rory ahead of Nick for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Ive never once agreed that Sonnen getting the title shot was a good thing. Never once. I just never acted like my vagina was leaking extra hard over the decision. But to even begin to try and say Diaz should be in a #1 contenders match is a utter load of horse shit.
    I disagree. His fight with Condit was pretty close and Condit had to employ a smart, point fighting strategy to win. It's not like he got dominated and knocked/choked out or something. Plus he has never fought GSP.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    I disagree. His fight with Condit was pretty close and Condit had to employ a smart, point fighting strategy to win. It's not like he got dominated and knocked/choked out or something. Plus he has never fought GSP.
    I don't think it was close. I watched it again a couple of days ago, and from what I saw Condit had an effective gameplan that he executed perfectly. He lost, and it should knock him back a bit. If you consider his no show when he did have a shot, and his suspension, then in my opinion he should have to win 2 tough fights to be considered for another shot. I think he'll only have to win 1, but I think it should be 2.

I personally can't wait to see GSP-Diaz when it does happen. I think GSP will finish him, and that is my boldest prediction ever.

Thread Information