Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz is 'not impressed' with GSP

Just gonna leave this here as the 100th post. Strongly contemplated putting this as my new sig with an MMAnews logo on it because of the inspiration I got from this thread.

So Ariel Helwani just posted on Twitter that GSP was on a popular, Canadian talk show and he said that the super fight between he and Anderson was definitely not going to happen.

BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    PH Chartrand ‏@Shivz
    @EricStephens21 but he also said that he wants to be the best and that if he fights Silva there’s nothing left for him to prove after.
    What a convenient rationalization.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Uhh your a condescending Canadian asshole so luckily I don't give a shit about your opinion.

Try ignoring me if you hate me so much, I do the same for you and it works great. I mean damn all I got out of you joining this was a few douchey random insults and the thought that winning fights in the UFC isn't that important. Great job Captain Canada. Can't you be, like, working to support your kids or something instead of posting a shitload on an mma website when all you give a shit about is stupid American conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles
    His insult would have been funny......

if I was 11.

PH Chartrand ‏@Shivz
    @EricStephens21 but he also said that he wants to be the best and that if he fights Silva there’s nothing left for him to prove after.
    Well that's just silly.

This place gets a real "Lord of the Flies" vibe on the weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Well that's just silly.

This place gets a real "Lord of the Flies" vibe on the weekends.
    Different people play the role of Piggy every weekend.

It was Short Bus' turn this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post

Lol you wish Joe Rogan would stick his tongue out at you like that you filthy Canadian fuck. If you guys ever hung out it could be so romantic. You could exchange conspiracy theories all night long and then fall asleep together in his hyperbaric chamber.

Just try not to smoke weed with him because smoking weed is bad.
    Last edited by dbader08; 11-26-2012 at 01:14 PM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Hmmm...

Interesting social degeneration here.

I didn't have Kampmann as top 5. I still think Hendricks gets next bout with GSP. I'd have Diaz rematch Condit for his first fight back. It would sell more than Diaz/Kos. If Nick won, I'd have him as #1 contender, fighting the winner of GSP/Hendricks.

rh
    Welterweight is scary deep in talent when a guy like Kampman isn't in the top 5.

Condit vs. Diaz II needs to happen but I would save that fight for a rainy day. It would sell and I agree, probably better than Diaz/Koscheck but I don't see them needing to rush into that fight right away. Koscheck/Diaz is a good fight to make though. I think Koscheck's a big enough name for Diaz to springboard off of and will be a good test of Nick's TDD and ability to deal with a good wrestler. Put to rest the questions regarding the lack of wrestlers he's faced. If Nick can pull it off, I think a win over Koscheck would be enough to justify a title shot. Albeit from a marketing stand point.

I see a lot of parallels between Bisping and Nick. They both possess that intangible marketable element. They both have only a single narrow defeat in their recent fight history and both have questionable opponents that their records have been padded with. Just an observation.

GSP vs Hendricks on the same card as Rory vs Diaz for num. 1 contender. This is assuming Rory beats Penn which i fully expect him to do.
    Ans A.Silva can !GASP! defend his belt as I believe the MW title pic will be a bit clearer over the next few months.
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

Thread Information