+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Bigfoot] Silva: Overeem goes from lion to kitten when pressured

Default [Bigfoot] Silva: Overeem goes from lion to kitten when pressured

Silva: Overeem goes from lion to kitten when pressured

“They improved his technical abilities, gave him strength, gave him muscles, but no one can give you that thing which you are either born with or you are not - the fighter's spirit, the warrior heart. This is something no one teaches, no one can give you it,” he told SporTV in his native Brazil.

“I know that when he is put under pressure he will step back, he will break and he will think twice. When he is doing the hitting he is a lion but when you lay a hand on him, when things get riskier for him, he becomes a cat. This is the psychological angle we are working on.”

Silva snapped a two-fight losing streak with a win over Travis Browne at UFC on FX 5 last month, although the stoppage did owe something to Browne having torn his hamstring early on. Prior to that, Silva had been mauled by Cain Velasquez and knocked out by Daniel Cormier.

Overeem is coming off a nine-month suspension after failing a drugs test in March. He was able to explain the failed test - which flagged up elevated testosterone levels - by producing a prescription from a disreputable doctor in Texas for a bespoke medication which contained, allegedly unbeknownst to Overeem, testosterone as one of its elements.
    Silva: Overeem goes from lion to kitten when pressured - Fighters Only
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

That's actually very true. Kind of similar to CroCop.
    But talking is not going to help your face from being pounded in.
    Overeem wins this fight any way he wants.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

3. Default

Believe Big Foot may be right, now alls he's got to do is get a hand on him

Can you pressure someone when pulling guard and rolling around on your back?

As much as I hate Overeem and after what Cain did to Bigfoot... I dont see this fight ending any other way than with a viscious loss for Bigfoot
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

I think we are finally going to find out if that big head is full of candy.

KNEES!!!

I agree with that... While offensively AO has become far more imposing. Having huge power in every shot he throws, along with improved(not sure if great) TDD... but when he is pressured he does seem to get bothered by it, and im not sure his chin issues magically went away either.

Alistair Overeem Discusses Accepting Antonio Silva Fight For UFC 156 Instead Of Waiting For Title Shot

“It’s been a year since I fought, so you’ve got to consider ring rust,” said Overeem, during a recent interview with the Las Vegas Sun, when asked why he took the bout. “You need to have the experience as much as possible. Being out for 18 months would not have been positive.”

Overeem has another reason for agreeing to meet Silva, as “Bigfoot” claimed a possible future fight with “The Reem” as his reason for leaing the Blackzilians after Overeem arrived.

“I believe he left because he wanted to fight me first or something like that,” Overeem said. “Fine by me. I think it was the stupidest thing on his part. I just don’t think it was a clever thing to do.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

This is win/win fight for me since I don't care for either guy much at all.

Bigfoot has always talked a lot of non-comical shit. If only his head could withstand as much. Let's see if he gets the lion or the kitty.

What's he going to do if he can't get Overeem down? Turn into a mole?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information