Poll: GSP should fight Hendricks or Silva next?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GSP should fight....

Hendricks has beaten 4 legit guys; stopping 2 of them in brutal fashion. He's on a 5 fight win streak. He's earned his shot. But let's be fair, while Diaz lost to the guy whom GSP just defeated, Diaz is now talking shit on twitter; I think that puts him ahead of Hendricks for title contention.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Silva, because I think GSP really wants Diaz to be his next title defense. So while he is training for Silva, Hendricks and Diaz can fight for a #1 contender bout. All in all, they would be done around the same time.
    Soooo Hendricks should have to fight and beat 4 top 10 guys in a row to get a shot.

...And Diaz gets to lose his #1 contender shot, then immediatly get another one?

Makes no sense to me.

Johnny Hendricks is the only answer imo. IMO Hes absolutley the #1 contender, and no other current(maybe even past) contender in any division has had to go through a harder road to the title. (someone correct me though If Im wrong)

Everyone is saying Weidman! Weidman!, but fact is hes got two solid wins. One was top ten in Mark Munoz.

While Johnny Hendricks has 3 top tens in a row, arguabley all of them top 5.

If he were to beat Diaz hed be the "undisputed P4P WW Contender" lol, he'd pretty much beat the entire top 5-7 minus Carlos Condit.

I dont even know why Diaz is still being mentioned in the title picture, I love the guy and hes one of my favourite but he lost, he need to work his way back up. And no way in hell does he deserve a match with Hendricks.

If Hendrick's next fight isnt for the title Id be pissed. If they do GSP/Silva nexy and I was Hendricks, Id wait. Whats the sense of fighting Carlos condit coming off a lost, or Nick Diaz coming of a lost, when you already earned the shot and have more top tens wins then anybody else?

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

I think you have to make the Super Fight. These are two once in a generation fighters who are only separated by one weight class. Each has pretty much cleaned out their own division over the last handful of years. Asking the latest #1 contender to wait an extra handful of months is no big deal.

You want to see the sport grow, you put on a mega super fight like this and fill a major arena like Cowboys stadium. The press leading up to the fight, the gate, and the PPV buys will fuel growth for the sport.

Plus, how shitty would it be for us to still be debating hypothetically who would have won this fight 10 years down the line just because we wanted to be cordial to Johnny friggen' Hendricks? If Hendricks/Weidman are the true #1 contenders, they still will be after this fight happens.

I think GSP's next fight is Hendricks. Diaz needs a top ten win in his next fight to get a title shot imo.

I do not want to see a super fight between Anderson and GSP it will keep two belts tied up for too long and i doubt it will be very competitive because I see AS dismantling GSP in humiliating fashion.

Both have title contenders in their respective division and should defend their belts accordingly. If they both want to vacate their belts then fine let them have their one off fight and be done with it. I just don't see that happening besides i don't think GSP wants to Fight Anderson. If Anderson wants a challenge he should vacate his belt and move UP IN WEIGHT!!!! and fight Bones and who ever else 205 has to offer.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Hendricks definitely deserves his shot, but all we will see is GSP vs Kos 2 again...I look at Hendricks as the Ryan Bader of the division....very good wrestling and massive power, but not much else...

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    I think you have to make the Super Fight. These are two once in a generation fighters who are only separated by one weight class. Each has pretty much cleaned out their own division over the last handful of years. Asking the latest #1 contender to wait an extra handful of months is no big deal.

You want to see the sport grow, you put on a mega super fight like this and fill a major arena like Cowboys stadium. The press leading up to the fight, the gate, and the PPV buys will fuel growth for the sport.

Plus, how shitty would it be for us to still be debating hypothetically who would have won this fight 10 years down the line just because we wanted to be cordial to Johnny friggen' Hendricks? If Hendricks/Weidman are the true #1 contenders, they still will be after this fight happens.
    That's pretty much how is see it. You have 2 once in a generation fighters at the top of their game, who knows when this will be able to happen again in the future? It's now or never as far as I'm concerned
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Hendricks. He's earned his shot. The only reason I'd be interested in a superfight is if both champs have their divisions cleared. Like in the case of Silva/Jones at the moment. While GSP has been off you've got some contenders knocking on his door that he needs to clear first.

My opinion? Make GSP/Anderson happen before the fight goes the way of Fedor/Couture, Liddell/Wanderlei, etc.

Do we need another super fight? No. It's honestly now or never though. Once one of them loses, the stock of this fight goes down tremendously. Weidman and Hendricks will be there. Just do this stupid fight now or be done with it. If it doesn't happen next, I don't want to hear about it anymore.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information