View Poll Results: GSP should fight Hendricks or Silva next?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Johnny Hendricks

66 70.97%
  • Anderson Silva

27 29.03%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GSP should fight....

Hendricks. GSP has only defended his title twice in the past 2 years, because of injuries. The damn title was supposed to be defended over a year ago, when GSP got injured. With so many great fighters in the WW division, it should be a crime for him to not defend it least 1 or 2 more times, before the UFC starts thinking of putting the WW division on the back burner again. Had Condit defended the Interim title, I may be singing a different tune at the moment, but he didn't.

IMO, enough is enough. Time for the UFC to start thinking about more than just making $. Their matchmaking has become a joke as of late. Having their champ, who defended his title so few times in that period of time, fight outside of his division, is an insult to all the WW fighters (who have actually been fighting), as well as the legitimacy of their champhips. Not to mention, if they go with the May '13 date, it'll be a year or more before either defends their title again. Two weight classes full of fighters, that the UFC will screw over, just to make $.

That's not to say I'm completely against super fights in general, because I'm not. But it should be done at the right time, and IMO, this is not the right time. Not to mention, if GSP fights Silva they was he fought Condit, it'll be over in the first round.

GSP v Silva is only "super" for GSP and he would be the only guy in that fight earning respect. you can't grow the integrity of the sport with gimmick money grabs.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Weight classes and divisions are cool and all, but if two of the best there ever have been with two unique styles can meet in the octogon then thats the fight I want. I would like to see Hendricks and GSP but I see it going the same way as GSP Koscheck.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    youre right, there is no comparison. jones is defending his title.
    Against the undisputed No. 1 contender?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Hendricks. GSP has only defended his title twice in the past 2 years, because of injuries. The damn title was supposed to be defended over a year ago, when GSP got injured.
    I blame Condit and his long vacation.

chuck v wandy was a great fight.
    Great fight, yes. But it wasnt the fight we all wanted, when they were at the top of there game.

GSP started this 5 years ago by saying he might go up, its time to either have the damn fight or end the talk about it for good.

I still think Silva vs GSP is next. And if Silva wins I think he fights the winner of Jones Chael (I think this is why Jones is fighting Chael) and then Silva retires and gives way to the younger guys. Silva knows he is at his end. Skill wise he is still the best, but the younger guys will start to catch him as he falls off due to age.

The last thing I want to read about this fight in one of those fights that should have happened but never happened or didnt happen when they shoud have articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Hands down Hendrix. Fuck "superfights" there are sill contenders in each division that have earned their shot and don't deserve to sit around waiting for it. Hendrix, the winner of Wiedman/Boetsch, and Hendo all deserve title shots. Until the divisions are cleared out and everyone who has earned their spot have gotten their chance at the title, we should really stop all the superfight nonsense.
    Is there ever any point where there isn't a contender? No titles will be on the line during a super fight so its not like anyone is getting fucked outside of having to wait 3 or 4 months (same as they would if the champion was injured).

Anyways the casual fans want to see these super fights. Hell even on this board there is a vanity section so clearly there is interest.

Fans just need to chill the hell out and let these fights happen. If they don't want to see simply don't watch it. We all know though that even the hardcore fans will watch GSP Vs Silva despite their outrage.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

31 for hendricks, 17 for silva at this point.. clearly you know what the fans want.

still better then a meaningless catchweight fight. Outside of trolldog logic, it still makes more sense.
    What you are misunderstanding is that RD is the example of a casual fan with much of his logic and fighter views as evidence. So, a vote taken by more knowledgeable fans like ones on this website will yield a different result than when you ask the casuals. They will crowd to watch Anderson/GSP while GSP/Hendricks will be a 400k PPV.

I personally want to see diaz.. whether he earned it or not.

Thread Information