Thread: Dennis Hallman's house burns down on Thanksgiving morning, former UFC fighter unhurt

1. Default Dennis Hallman's house burns down on Thanksgiving morning, former UFC fighter unhurt

Dennis Hallman's house burns down on Thanksgiving morning, former UFC fighter unhurt - MMAmania.com

With much of the United States celebrating a festive holiday full of thanks, a bit of sad news came via Dennis Hallman's Facebook account that his house burned to the ground on Thanksgiving morning.

Fortunately, no one was hurt.

"Sad thanksgiving for me and my family. My house burned down early this AM. Thank God no one was hurt and I have that to be thankful for. Something like this makes my recent direction change all the harder...the one person that could make me feel okay about everything is no longer here. When God wants you to have a fresh start sometimes he really wants to make his point clear."
    It's been a rough 2012 for the former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) fighter, who was recently released from the world's preeminent mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion. First, he got injured in the lead-up to his scheduled UFC on FOX 3 bout against Anthony Ferguson.

He then got re-booked to face Thiago Tavares on the ill-fated UFC 151 card that was promptly blown up. That match got bumped back to UFC on FX 5, but he weighed in for his lightweight bout at 163 pounds. Tavares was willing to cut him some slack to 159, but he was unable to make even that weight.

The UFC cut him after that debacle, but surprisingly, it was a very polite, even friendly parting of ways.

For those of you following MMA and UFC in particular, it was a bit strange, given UFC President Dana White's prickly demeanor to people who miss weight. Apparently, the extraneous circumstances surrounding Hallman's personal issues were enough to make the firing more of a friendly goodbye than a scene out of Good Burger or Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

"They are cutting me," he wrote. "Dana gave me my show and win pay to help me deal with the mountain in front of me. Now I have to go make weight a couple times on the regional circuit. I'll be back to the UFC though, I always am."

"I'm having some personal issues at home," Hallman said. "I'm not fit to fight. I told Dana what my issues were. He understands family matters, and he was cool with me not fighting."
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

We all have our own personal demons to deal with, really hope he can sorts problems out.

rough year for hallman, wishin him all the best and hopefully he can get through this mess

There goes the finest Speedo collection in America....

I thought only Black people blew their shit up by deep frying frozen turkey on Thanksgiving.

Welcome, Dennis!!!

DISCLAIMER: Trustkill is Black, and has the authority to approve this message.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    There goes the finest Speedo collection in America....
    The Speedos are decoy, it's the Training Mask you wear underneath that provides real athletic support.

thats really shitty =(
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

This is really sad. It shouldn't be happening on a day like this. All the best to him and his family.

When God wants you to have a fresh start sometimes he really wants to make his point clear."
    Quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Anyways, on a side note: That's pretty shitty for him.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Thread Information