Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: With Sakara's team planning appeal of UFC 154 DQ, ref Miragliotta explains his decisi

1. Default

personally, I think a big part of the controversy here is that dan's "warnings" didnt exist, or at least werent obvious. Had it been obvious that dan was yelling 'watch the back of the head!' or something along those lines, I dont think any DQ would have been questioned. However, since from what I saw watching that fight, is dan let the whole thing happen (from about a foot away I might add), stepped in and stopped the fight, then seemed to change his mind and rule the fight a DQ.

If dan didnt adequately warn alessio(sp), the contest should be ruled a NC. If he did in fact issue the warnings he claimed, then a DQ is the right call.

I have not watched the fight again, but while watching the fight live, I didn't hear Dan say anything. I was yelling at the tv though because nothing was being done. I don't see any issue with this call, whether he was warned or not. It was obvious they were illegal. And they were hard shots too!! Whether it was the heat of the moment or not, they were illegal and he should be punished. Claiming that the fight was over because of the initial elbow is ridiculous.

Dan is just trying to cover his own. That explanation about hitting the ear is just stupid! So if a fighter has big hands and touches his opponents' ear while bashing in the brain stem area, it should be legal? That's just stupid....
    Last edited by TN94z; 11-20-2012 at 03:23 PM.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

3. 11-20-2012, 04:10 PM

4. Default

Anyone who thinks it was more than 3 shots to the back of the head need eye glasses, pronto. Put those bad boys on your Christmas list this year and hope you weren't too naughty.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Anyone who thinks it was more than 3 shots to the back of the head need eye glasses, pronto. Put those bad boys on your Christmas list this year and hope you weren't too naughty.
    I would say even 3 of those Donky Kong smashes, one or two after being warned, warrents a dq.

I am not arguing for a Cote win but a Alessio dq for sure.. The shots were far too significant to just take a point. Yes, Cote was on queer street after those vicious elbows but then Alession should have had some self control.

Lets hope Dana makes the rematch our sake and to allow Alessio to redeem himself, Cote to avenge those nasty blows.

6. Default

I really only count 2 significant blows to the head. If you follow along with my sig from the beginning, I'll tell you what I see:

1st hit - Back of the neck (I'm not sure if that's legal or illegal?)
    2nd hit - Side of the head
    3rd hit - Side of the head
    4th hit - Back of the head
    5th hit - Back of the head
    6th hit - Side of the head
    7th hit - Side of the head
    8th hit - Back of the neck

If the back of the neck is illegal then I stand corrected. I would also like to point out the shots in the gif that drop and put out Cote are legal. The second shot slumps Cote down which is 100 percent clearly to the side of his head. And then the 6th and 7th shots slump him down even more which both were to the side of the head.

How are these side of the head shots illegal but the following not?

Behind the ear shot

Behind the ear shot

Back of the head stoppage

Blatant back of the head stoppage

Side of the head, followed up with back of the head

And I could go on and on. Some consistency would be nice. I mean hell there are Google searches devoted solely to Vitor's back of the head shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I really only count 2 significant blows to the head. If you follow along with my sig from the beginning, I'll tell you what I see:

If the back of the neck is illegal then I stand corrected. I would also like to point out the shots in the gif that drop and put out Cote are legal. The second shot slumps Cote down which is 100 percent clearly to the side of his head. And then the 6th and 7th shots slump him down even more which both were to the side of the head.

How are these side of the head shots illegal but the following not?

Behind the ear shot

Behind the ear shot

Back of the head stoppage

Blatant back of the head stoppage

Side of the head, followed up with back of the head

And I could go on and on. Some consistency would be nice. I mean hell there are Google searches devoted solely to Vitor's back of the head shots.
    Even though you are absolutely wrong about that most of those shots were to the side and not the back (just look at your own Sig!!!!), the point is that Sakara deserved to be DQd.

I do not understand what is the point of showing gifs where other fighters have landed punches to the back of the head. (And some of your examples are fails, like Shogun vs Machida or Lesnar vs Couture. If you can not see the difference between those punches and the ones landed by Sakara, then the one who needs glasses is you). No one said that Sakara is the first ever fighter to land punches to the back of the head.
    Another thing you simply do not want to see, is that in The Fedor fight and the Belfort vs Franklin fight, the couple of punches to the back of the head were after the fighter was already out.

Just get over it. I know you hate Vitor and you will defend fighters like Sakara or Sonnen no matter what, but simply accept the fact that Sakara landed several shots to the back of the head and got rightfully DQd, and hope that in the rematch (if it happens) he wins fairly.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

8. Default

Pashak, I'm not trying to get you to change your mind. You clearly think all of those punches were to the back of his head. They weren't.

Ya i dunno Sak, i counted 6... and even the ones that were iffy, were just that, iffy. If the ref did in fact warn him, then i think it was the right result.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

10. Default

Well this is my opinion, I know people will disagree

But that's how I saw it.

I won't argue the result but I counted only three of the shots landing cleanly to the back of the head. I have personally never seen sakara act anything other than professional and have no doubt that he intended to hit the side of the head. His actions, albeit wreck less, were not intended to be cheap shots. I too hope that in a rematch sakara puts cote to bed and wins fairly. Alessio whooped that ass. Not even Anderson silva took the risk to put cote on Queer Street like that.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Thread Information