Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CBS Sports' Seth Davis goes off on 'homoerotic' MMA, doesn't want his sons watching

Good thing he isn't in politics. Losing the homosexual community and the MMA fanbase could lose an election.

Maybe he is waiting for a sports star from a "manly" sport to slap him on the ass and tell him "good game".

I'm glad he has an opinion, and I am also glad he won't be watching MMA.

If he sees something homoerotic about MMA, I'd say he's looking for it.

By his logic, amateur wrestling would be homoerotic. Hell, like half of the sports in the Olypmics would be homoerotic(men's swimming/diving/volleyball)

The problem is with this is merely the ignorant mentality of many stubborn middle-aged sports writers who just don't "get" MMA and in turn, get grumpy and confused when they see it getting covered.

I have a feeling that people like Seth are secretly gay or just don't know it. I mean, if you don't like dudes you just see MMA as MMA.

I'm glad he said it. There've been a lot of accusations that the MMA community is intolerant, blah blah. I think that's pretty far from the truth and I always like public stories that show either the classiness of MMA or the reality of stupid bravado that's true across sports, in contrast to exclusively MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    The problem is with this is merely the ignorant mentality of many stubborn middle-aged sports writers who just don't "get" MMA and in turn, get grumpy and confused when they see it getting covered.
    Confused... and curious

I feel like anybody who thinks MMA is homoerotic, is probably gay. Just a hunch, but this guy might be on the low low low.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

I love it, i watch UFC at a friends house who is hardcore into MMA but he invites some of his friends from work and they make retarded comments like that when we watch events sometimes. And the reason is quite simple. They are nerdy office dudes, that have NEVER BEEN IN A FIGHT. Kinda whats going on here I think.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    What are you saying?

Mr. Bachmann is as straight as a three dollar bill! That's the saying, right?

Of course, there are so many straight women who get the same flack!

Its hard to take some serious when they talk random shit like this, he would rather have his kids watch two grown men hug it out for 12-15 rounds (boxing) then two guys beat the shit out of eachother for 15 minutes makes sense i guess...

Everyone remember this is the same guy that said college basketball is better then college football...hahahaha

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post

Thread Information