Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill

Default The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill

The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill

Check out this week's edition of The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill, a collection of rumors we've collected over the week that are relevant to the MMA world (but may not be true at the same time, we don't know -- they're rumors, dork).

Since it seems that Cris Cyborg will be unable to welcome Ronda Rousey in her Octagon debut, the fight UFC has been looking at is Marloes Coenen vs. Ronda Rousey. Although, with Coenen signed to Invicta FC, this may pose a problem.

With Cole Konrad and Brock Lesnar out, Team Deathclutch still has plans to restart the gym at some point in 2013.

AXS TV plans to do some restructuring in 2013 which includes some 'letting go' and 'inner-company promotion' of some known names in the MMA industry.

Although Anderson Silva was in Montreal to watch Georges St. Pierre take on Carlos Condit, he (along with Lyoto Machida) was in Canada to shoot an action film in Toronto. Production starts on Monday (November 19th 2012)

During UFC 154, a member of the media was either severely reprimanded or blacklisted from attending events. That person's media outlet was not affected in anyway.

The rumor of Glory/DREAM buying out ONE FC is still holding strong. According to some, the estimated amount of the acquisition is around $16-19 million for the Asian promotion.

Preliminary talks, but don't be surprised if Johny Hendricks vs. Nick Diaz is announced as a future title contender bout.
    The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill

The rumor of Glory/DREAM buying out ONE FC is still holding strong. According to some, the estimated amount of the acquisition is around $16-19 million for the Asian promotion.

Noooooo!

Hell nooo!! I do not want ONE FC to die.
    How the fuck is that possible??? Dream does not has money to pay their fighters and make shows, however somehow they have money to buy an org that so far has been doing very very good???
    Where is the logic in that??
    I mean, if it was a guarantee that Dream would be doing shows on a constant basis without any rumours that they are in bankrupcy then it's Ok. An alliance between DREAM's way of doing shows (ala Pride), Glory and One FC fighters would be epic!!
    But I am afraid that Dream is going to buy (Kill) One FC. And in few months they will say that they do not have money so they are folding out.

One more thing. When they are announcing the fights for their NYE show?
    I do not understand why always they announce most of their fights only 1 or 2 weeks before the event. How the fighters are supposed to be prepared with just a week or 2 of proper training?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Diaz vs Hendrix, Iron Jaw vs Iron Fist, this bout should happen for the the number one contender status. That is if Diaz can get past KOS, If Diaz wins and doesn't have any injuries. he could fight again probably as soon as April or May and We could see George again in July or August. Of course I'd like to see George fight sooner, but I think we'd get the best possible contender this way. Hendrix did defeat Fitch, it was a flash ko and the same with Kampman, but If he can be the winner of Kos/diaz in similar fashion then you can really promote this as a huge PPV against GSP. He most dangerous test to date.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Diaz vs Hendrix, Iron Jaw vs Iron Fist, this bout should happen for the the number one contender status. That is if Diaz can get past KOS, If Diaz wins and doesn't have any injuries. he could fight again probably as soon as April or May and We could see George again in July or August. Of course I'd like to see George fight sooner, but I think we'd get the best possible contender this way. Hendrix did defeat Fitch, it was a flash ko and the same with Kampman, but If he can be the winner of Kos/diaz in similar fashion then you can really promote this as a huge PPV against GSP. He most dangerous test to date.
    Disagree...Hendricks should be fighting St. Pierre next, in my mind there is no doubt about it. You would want to wait another 5-6 months for Diaz to possibly beat Kos then fight Hendricks and then perhaps St. Pierre? Man that's too long of a time. Who else is there? I'd like to see Fitch and Diaz if Diaz beats Kos but at this point Fitch needs a couple wins before being back up there at the top.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

No one has a more legitimate claim to be #1 contender than Johnny Hendricks. Diaz has 0 top ten wins in the UFC, Hendricks has 3 in a row, and arguabley a few of them top 5.

Now Diaz is supose to fight Hendricks for the #1 contender?...And coming off a lost?

I just dont get it.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Hendricks can knock anyone out if he lands that bomb on their jaw.

Call it the H Bomb Junior.

8. 11-19-2012, 07:17 AM

Reason
    meh

This Glory business plan is starting to remind me of the Elite XC days. They were buying up good shows like icon sport, cage rage, and rumble on the rock and then they went out of business.

I'm really enjoying glory, but they've already obtained "It's Showtime!" earlier this year, and I'm not too comfortable with all these eggs being placed in one unproven basket.
    Last edited by Spyke; 11-19-2012 at 12:54 PM.

10. Default

so what exactly has diaz done to be in a #1 contenders match? He's less deserving at this point then michael bisping.

I feel really bad for Johny Hendricks if he has to fight again to be a #1 contender. He is 14-1 overall record, and a 9-1 UFC record. He has consecutively beat three top 5 WWs: Fitch was #2 at the time when they fought, Koscheck was #4 when they fought, and Kampmann was #4 when they fought. Two of them by brutal KO's. That's a much better track record than any other WW (excluding GSP but he's the champ). I can't think of any WW contendor that has had that impressive of a streak to get a title shot, hell there are very few contenders for any belt that had to do this.

Zuffa, give him his bloody title shot!

Thread Information