Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shogun Rua More Motivated Than Ever

Default Shogun Rua More Motivated Than Ever

Shogun Rua More Motivated Than Ever

"Mauricio fans can rest easy," said Dida to TATAME. "Shogun is better today than in the struggles against Lyoto Machida. Our focus is to make a great fight against the Sweden."
    "We are doing a very good job with Shogun in Curitiba," said Dida. "He is very excited [and] motivated training at 7 a.m. in the morning. He is in shape, flying and we are sure that on the 8th he will perform very well.
    Shogun Rua More Motivated Than Ever - FightLine.com

whoop-dee-doo. show me or youre just crying wolf. i would like to believe this but i dont. i would love for shogun to come back strong but i wont believe it until i see it.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

I hope he does. He looked great (including his cardio) in his bouts with Machida and looked like garbage against Jones and Vera. He's one of my favorite fighters so I hope he is getting everything together.

Brown Pride

Shogun should come very agressive in this fight (like his PRIDE days), since I dont believe Gustaffson has enough KO power to put him away, and we all know Shogun can put to sleep almost everyone in his weight class.

Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    Shogun should come very agressive in this fight (like his PRIDE days), since I dont believe Gustaffson has enough KO power to put him away, and we all know Shogun can put to sleep almost everyone in his weight class.
    i.....um.....agree

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Motivated Shogun and in shape Penn NEVER LOSE.

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    Motivated Shogun and in shape Penn NEVER LOSE.
    perhaps youre joking but i actually believe that
    i think if both shogun and BJ were to adopt more up to date strength and conditioning methods from guys like chambers and dolce they would wear gold all the time, for peak performance bj should be at 155 and shogun at 185 but they get the job done where theyre at

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    perhaps youre joking but i actually believe that
    i think if both shogun and BJ were to adopt more up to date strength and conditioning methods from guys like chambers and dolce they would wear gold all the time, for peak performance bj should be at 155 and shogun at 185 but they get the job done where theyre at
    Dolce + Penn/Shogun = Gold imo.

Like most ppl before said. Don't tell us, show us that you're motivated. I personally hated his performances against Hendo and Vera. Exciting fights but he definitely didn't show his best there. They were just brawls imo, not a technical battle.

That does not mean anything yet.
    Look how many times Crocop said that the fire is back, that he is in better shape than in the OWGP and that he is more motivated than ever.

Frequently it happens that before a fight it is "I am in extraordinary shape", and after the fight it is "I got an injury"
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Shogun just needs to stay healthy and fight on a regular basis. The times he struggles is when he sits out to long or has to rehab an injury his cardio really suffers otherwise.

Thread Information