Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hendricks: GSP can't take me down

Default Hendricks: GSP can't take me down

Hendricks: GSP can't take me down

Johny told MMA Fight Corner on Tuesday night why St-Pierre should challenge him next and not Silva.

ďWell Iím not as good as Anderson, but I believe I have what it takes to beat GSP. Iím a wrestler, Iíve been wrestling since I was five. And, they say thatís what GSP is the strongest at and also I have knockout power. I can lay anybody out at any given moment. The only thing is that sometimes I like to fight, just because I like to fight. You know what I mean? I donít like to end it fast. And sometimes I go in there and I know I have to make a statement and I know I have to do something to put myself above everybody else and thatís sort of what happened with Kampmann.Ē

This past weekend at UFC 154, GSP looked back his olí self, able to take down Carlos Condit at will. While a wrestler at Oklahoma State University, Hendricks was a NCAA four-time All-American and a three-time Big 12 conference champion. When Johny was asked if he thought St-Pierre could take him down, he said:

ďNo. No, I donít. Iíve wrestled all my life and if I really wanted to I could go into a fight and take him down. I just havenít had the thrill of wanting to take somebody down. For some reason, just hitting someone in the face is a lot more exciting to me, and also to the crowd.Ē
    Hendricks: GSP can't take me down - Mixed Martial Arts News

2. Default

Keep telling yourself that Mr. One Dimension.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.............ha

and if i fought anderson silva he wouldnt hit me

lets ask him this question again after he spends 25 minutes on his back
    Last edited by disposableassassin; 11-21-2012 at 04:02 PM.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

He wouldn't have to take him down, he could outbox him all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Keep telling yourself that Mr. One Dimension.
    Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.............ha

and if i fought anderson silva he wouldnt hit me

lets ask him this question again after he spends 25 minutes on his back
    Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    He wouldn't have to take him down, he could outbox him all day long.

Come on now guys, Hendricks is just doing what is best for him and trying to hype the fight / goad GSP into the fight.

With that said, GSP has no problems with Hendricks as long as he avoids the mac truck of a over hand left.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Come on now guys, Hendricks is just doing what is best for him and trying to hype the fight / goad GSP into the fight.

With that said, GSP has no problems with Hendricks as long as he avoids the mac truck of a over hand left.
    i get that he is just trying to secure a title fight. i just think it would serve him better to talk about his only way of winning. like something along the lines of, "if i touch him with my left hand he will be drinking his poutine through a straw." thats more logical than, "the guy with the highest takedown accuracy in MMA cant take me down."

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

GSP didn't really take Koscheck (in the rematch) or Shields down in those title defenses. Hendricks has one of the best wrestling pedigrees in MMA, so it's entirely possible he's right. GSP isn't Superman. While GSP is definitely the more technical striker, it's obvious Hendricks has more power. GSP could struggle to work kicks into his offense knowing that Hendricks could take him down if he timed a shot right. If the fight comes down to a boxing match Big Rig only needs to land one of those bombs, whereas Georges has to continually put on a clinic.
    ďDiscussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance.Ē

GSP was able to consistently take Penn down whom has awesome takedown defense, granted he is much larger than Penn, but he is also bigger than Hendricks. I think GSP has no problem taking any WW down.

Brown Pride

Heres what will happen in the GSP v Hendricks fight: jabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjab jab. JAB.jabjabjab!

GSP gameplan should be very similar to the GSP

Thread Information