Thread: Despite UFC 153 loss, Fabio Maldonado says promotion paid him more than win bonus

1. Default Despite UFC 153 loss, Fabio Maldonado says promotion paid him more than win bonus

Despite UFC 153 loss, Fabio Maldonado says promotion paid him more than potential win bonus - MMA Fighting

Fabio Maldonado is a happy Zuffa employee.

A month after his vicious loss to Glover Teixeira at UFC 153, the Brazilian posted on his Facebook page that the UFC has taken care of him and then some.

"This is a good or bad news," he wrote in his native Portuguese. "I just got a check in the mail from UFC, and I would like to share with friends and fans that for the fourth time, even getting my ass whooped like I had last fight, the UFC sent me more money than I would get if I had won the fights. Thanks Dana [White], Lorenzo [Fertitta], Joe Silva."
    Maldonado (18-6) is 1-3 in his last four fights. The organization did not release the salaries for UFC 153, but both the UFC and fighters have admitted in the past that the fighters often earn more than the amount that is publicly released.

Following his second-round loss last month, the UFC, who served as the governing body at UFC 153 because the event was held in Rio de Janeiro where there isn't one, suspended Maldonado for 180 days but stated he could be cleared earlier pending neurological approval.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

I really respect Maldonado but I really hope the UFC gave him a check with the agreement that he'll take 12 months off. I worry about brain damage he may have taken; that was a vicious, vicious fight.

Hopefully he will not have to spend all that money on doctor in some years.
    It is possible that in the future he will feel the true results of all the damage he received.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I like Maldonado alot, but IMO he needs to get his butt down to middleweight ASAP.

Glover is an utter berzerker and anybody in the cage with him is basically stepping into the kobayashi maru, but Fabio's bouts against Pokrajac and Kingsbury also highlighted some of his shortcomings at LHW, I think he's too easily bullied by bigger fighters and while he's got some really nice striking, alot of it is nullified by the size advantages.

I don't like seeing guys absorbing too much punishment and I'm not saying he'd absorb LESS at MW, but I think there's alot to be gained by taking a look at making the cut, since he is quite doughie in the midsection.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I like Maldonado alot, but IMO he needs to get his butt down to middleweight ASAP.

Glover is an utter berzerker and anybody in the cage with him is basically stepping into the kobayashi maru, but Fabio's bouts against Pokrajac and Kingsbury also highlighted some of his shortcomings at LHW, I think he's too easily bullied by bigger fighters and while he's got some really nice striking, alot of it is nullified by the size advantages.

I don't like seeing guys absorbing too much punishment and I'm not saying he'd absorb LESS at MW, but I think there's alot to be gained by taking a look at making the cut, since he is quite doughie in the midsection.
    my inner nerd approves of this reference.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon 'Bones' Jones View Post
    I don't believe in no win scenarios

Ha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    my inner nerd approves of this reference.
    I had to google.

Thread Information