Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White disappointed with how Strikeforce turned out

Default Dana White disappointed with how Strikeforce turned out

Dana White disappointed with how Strikeforce turned out - Mixed Martial Arts News

"I don't have anything to do with them" was a common response when reporters wanted to get UFC president Dan White's take on Strikeforce.

White recently, though, admitted he's disappointed with how things have turned out for the promotion.

"I am (disappointed)," White told a small group of reporters following the post-even news conference for UFC 154 in Montreal this past week. "I don't want to talk any s---, though. I could for about four hours. But I won't. It's not worth it."

TMZ recently reported that the Jan. 12 show would be Strikeforce's last. Zuffa officials have not confirmed that, and White stopped short of confirming it as well.

He simply reiterated that he always had been hopeful of what Zuffa might be able to do with Strikeforce, and disappointment with how things have transpired down the stretch with the pair of cancellations.

"Yeah, I was excited," White said. "You guys know that. I was really excited about it."

I don't want to talk any s---, though. I could for about four hours. But I won't. It's not worth it.
    Only 4 hours??? LOL, if Dana wants, he can talk shit for 40 whole hours non stop.
    He can not make happen any superfights, but he is a master in the art of dropping F bombs left and right.

"I am (disappointed)
    Why? He did not received the amount of millions he expected?

"Yeah, I was excited," White said. "You guys know that. I was really excited about it."
    Of course he was excited. Because SF (very slowly) was beginning to be a threat for the UFC. At least their cards (pre-Zuffa) were better than UFC's.
    So when Zuffa bought SF of course Dana got very excited, it was a relief for him.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

AKA Pride ....

Why would Zuffa be proud of losing a company that could have brought in more revenue?
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Pointless interview of Dana saying nothing. Strikeforce had a good thing going asides from some mismatches but I liked it for the most part.

Who cares tho, now we get Cormier, Melendez, Jacare, and more interesting additions to the ufc.

Pasha, your argument doesn't make any sense. Zuffa bought the company, not only to kill competition, but to also profit from the company as much as possible. If a branch of your business fails, even if you initially bought it to discourage competition, its still a major disappointment that you couldn't turn it around.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Pasha, your argument doesn't make any sense. Zuffa bought the company, not only to kill competition, but to also profit from the company as much as possible. If a branch of your business fails, even if you initially bought it to discourage competition, its still a major disappointment that you couldn't turn it around.
    I'd say only if the product was differentiated enough to appeal to customers outside of the UFC base. And I don't think that was true, so I don't see a simple reason for SF to have been kept around.

I say simple b/c raw review of consumer demand and customer segments/overlap doesn't hit at the B2B stuff like the Showtime contract. I have no idea what the value of that might be.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I'd say only if the product was differentiated enough to appeal to customers outside of the UFC base. And I don't think that was true, so I don't see a simple reason for SF to have been kept around.

I say simple b/c raw review of consumer demand and customer segments/overlap doesn't hit at the B2B stuff like the Showtime contract. I have no idea what the value of that might be.
    I always hoped they would turn it into a feeder company, it wouldve essentially been like what the NCAA is to the NFL. The amateurs that are around could go there, and if they did well enough, they could get "drafted" to the UFC. Since their focus would be amateurs, then they could really improve their scouting agencies to find amateurs from all the gyms in this country and gain interest.

This would've really helped improve the bottom line of MMA fighters in the UFC.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Only 4 hours??? LOL, if Dana wants, he can talk shit for 40 whole hours non stop.
    He can not make happen any superfights, but he is a master in the art of dropping F bombs left and right.

Why? He did not received the amount of millions he expected?

Of course he was excited. Because SF (very slowly) was beginning to be a threat for the UFC. At least their cards (pre-Zuffa) were better than UFC's.
    So when Zuffa bought SF of course Dana got very excited, it was a relief for him.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Pointless interview of Dana saying nothing. Strikeforce had a good thing going asides from some mismatches but I liked it for the most part.

Who cares tho, now we get Cormier, Melendez, Jacare, and more interesting additions to the ufc.
    Looks like Silva will be fighting Luke Rockhold if GSP taps out
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Thread Information