Thread: Dana White tells UFC On Fox 5 fighters to 'tone down' their training

1. Default Dana White tells UFC On Fox 5 fighters to 'tone down' their training

Dana White tells UFC On Fox 5 fighters to 'tone down' their training - Bloody Elbow

The last 6 months marks probably the worst streak of injuries the UFC has seen. Almost every single PPV card since UFC 147 has been significantly altered due to main card injuries. Most recently, we saw UFC 153 turned completely upside down when both the main event and co-main were pulled on the very same day.

Now with UFC On Fox 5 just around the corner, UFC president Dana White has some advice for his fighters. Here's what Dana had to say in response to a question regarding the decision to put title fights on the Fox cards:

The strategic idea is to put the best fights we could possibly put on Fox. You guys know what the last year and a half has been like. It's tough to keep a card together.

What do we got, like a week and a half to go? I want to say to all of the guys on the phone, "Tone your training down a little bit." Let's not get any body injured this last week and a half.
    In the wake of the cancellation of UFC 151, it seems Dana is even more worried about injuries than ever.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Thursday: A pustule on Rory McDonald's patch of bacne explodes and will not stop bleeding. It has to be cauterized and, sadly, Rory has to pull out of the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Thursday: A pustule on Rory McDonald's patch of bacne explodes and will not stop bleeding. It has to be cauterized and, sadly, Rory has to pull out of the contest.
    For some reason, this really made me naseous. Must be the cold medicine I just took...
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I heard that it hasn't popped just yet, but Rory is planning on unleashing it for his finishing move.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Thread Information