Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC on FOX 5: MacDonald Dishes Out Words for War Against BJ Penn

1. Default

ideally, Id love to see bj do what he did to joe stevenson.

Here's my take on this one. This fight comes down to BJ's gas tank. Rory isn't going to outclass BJ in anything other than cardio. BJ can stop Rory in round 1 if things go his way. Rory isn't going to stop BJ until round 3, and that's only if BJ isn't able to maintain his technique due to running out of energy.

I know I know, call me captain obvious. Personal note, I love watching both of these guys compete. BJ is one of my top 3 all-time favorites. He's the epitome of a warrior, a true samurai spirit. Rory, well, if he keeps it up I'll be able to say the same things about him 5-10 years from now.
    "I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I kick faces."
    "I think you should be able to kick in the head, it’s a fun thing to do."

Quote Originally Posted by cpac77 View Post
    Here's my take on this one. This fight comes down to BJ's gas tank. Rory isn't going to outclass BJ in anything other than cardio. BJ can stop Rory in round 1 if things go his way. Rory isn't going to stop BJ until round 3, and that's only if BJ isn't able to maintain his technique due to running out of energy.

I know I know, call me captain obvious. Personal note, I love watching both of these guys compete. BJ is one of my top 3 all-time favorites. He's the epitome of a warrior, a true samurai spirit. Rory, well, if he keeps it up I'll be able to say the same things about him 5-10 years from now.
    Samurais believed in death before dishonor...

4. Default

This is stuipid on Rorys part best way to fight BJ is give him praise and speak highly of him, and BJ will make it easier for him from lack of trainning.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    This is stuipid on Rorys part best way to fight BJ is give him praise and speak highly of him, and BJ will make it easier for him from lack of trainning.
    Words a week and a half out will not increase BJ's cardio. Perhaps his mentality going into the fight, yes, but not his shape.

I don't think Rory is scared of BJ Penn going to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Rory.... a better striker?

No.
    Yeah, that cracked me up. I think Rory has a great chance to win, but I'll be absolutely stunned if he spends anytime actually standing with BJ, and isn't trying to grind him with the clinch or press him on the cage.

I think it's far more likely that he'll try to employ the same strategy that St. Pierre employed: spend the first round using a size advantage and desperately trying to get him down, work the blood out of his shoulders, attack the thoracic cavity.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Words a week and a half out will not increase BJ's cardio. Perhaps his mentality going into the fight, yes, but not his shape.

I don't think Rory is scared of BJ Penn going to the death.
    I see what you did there lol.

OT: Rory is really starting to buy his own hype. Coming in overconfident will be a huge mistake. Hope he gets embarrassed but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    I see what you did there lol.

OT: Rory is really starting to buy his own hype. Coming in overconfident will be a huge mistake. Hope he gets embarrassed but I doubt it.
    You can't tell from how he dresses. He looks like a hipster from Vancouver.

I mean.... horn-rimmed glasses? What are you thinking?

Rory your in la la land buddy your Mma bjj is not better then bj your striking is not better then bj and your wrestling is on par at best I can't wait for bj to derail you !

Mmanews survival pool season 1 Champion

Thread Information