Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: For B.J. Penn, 'out-of-shape' comments, legacy provide motivation to fight Rory

I'm so excited for this fight war bj

Mmanews survival pool season 1 Champion

2. Default

Here are some facts.

A couple of years ago GSP did a public bodyfat test. According to the video, he had 7.7% bodyfat

Source

And this is a picture of a video BJ posted on his twitter recently.

So draw whatever conclusions you may...
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Here are some facts.

A couple of years ago GSP did a public bodyfat test. According to the video, he had 7.7% bodyfat

So draw whatever conclusions you may...
    Interesting, thanks for the link. Did some research and bod pod is #3 ranked way to measure BF % and has an error range of 2% to 5%. The #1 method which is super expensive to get done has an error range of 0.1% to 1.5%.

Does body fat quantify a fighter's technique, heart or how much cardio he has?

How irrelevent is it then?

This isn't bodybuilding.com.

Awww... shucks Carlos Condit could have won if he had .4% less body fat.

back on topic.. war mother fucking bj penn!!!

edit: this body fat shit is pretty damn dumb. how the fuck can you prove it one way or the other? that's a pretty asinine comment.. almost neg'd you to be honest.. but thought, who gives a fuck and why pay your dumb ass any attention? damn that's what i'm doing now huh? fuck...
    lemme touch your feet

vexi upon seeing a pic of bj penn: do u even lift bro?

replies v3xi got on bodybuilding.com

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    Penn would have owned Edgar both times if he took him down. Hes just stubborn.
    OMG this is one of the studiest things Ive read in a long time. He had TWO chances yanno to prove it wasnt a "fluke" and what did BJ do? He got dominated in a way no one else had since GSP. These are Facts my friend.

He would've won both times if "he wasnt so stubborn" is an opinion, turned into an excuse. A very hilarious excuse.

Oh and If I remember correctly Penn had atleast one TD on Frankie in the second fight...Can you guess what he did with it? Ill give you a hint, it was FAR from "Owning him"......Times up.

HE DID NOTHING! Absolutly nothing. And here are some Facts to back that up, not opinions.

FightMetric: Edgar vs. Penn II FightMetric Report

Check out Round 4. 1 TD Attempted, 1 TD landed by BJ Penn.....how many subs did he land? 0. How many subs did he attempt? 0....Hm But its Bj Penn, he must've atleast passed guard a half dozen times right? Nope, 0. How many punches did he land on Frankie?...2.

Bj actually got another TD in Rd5, guess what he did with it....3 punches landed.

Complete Ownage Right?.

I cant wait to hear another excuse

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

As a BJ Penn fan, nothing made me happier than seeing Frankie Edgar lose. Edgar seems like a nice enough guy but I just could not stand his Simple Jack demeanor.

As much as I enjoyed being Little Mac in Punch-Out, I relished in Edgar's losses to Henderson.

You'd think after Edgar was routed out of the division that Penn would saunter back down to LW and claim a top 5 matchup immediately. But, sadly, Penn is determined to take the harder route to repairing his legacy.

PS:

Penn won the first fight against Edgar.

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    Oh and I will also add that if you were under 10% bodyfat and were in MMA you would gas very fast.
    I disagree HEAVILY with this statement! I have several friends that are Pro fighters and stay under 10% and don't gas. One guy gets down to like 5% when cutting for a fight and he doesn't gas after 3-5 round wars. Obviously everyone is different but to say you will gas in an MMA fight just because you are under 10% BF is far fetched.

Sorry for being off on the BF subject, but this statement is far from accurate in my opinion
    Last edited by TN94z; 11-28-2012 at 03:36 PM.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Thread Information