Thread: Weidman expected to be 'at 100%' in 4 months following torn labrum surgery

Default Weidman expected to be 'at 100%' in 4 months following torn labrum surgery

Weidman expected to be 'at 100%' in 4 months following torn labrum surgery

Chris Weidman recently pulled out of his scheduled UFC 155 fight against fellow middleweight contender Tim Boetsch after he suffered a torn labrum in training. Weidman's teammate Costa Philippou stepped in to face Boetsch in what still holds as an important bout, although neither man would likely receive a title shot as a result of the new matchup (Philippou in particular). Today Weidman went to Twitter to announce he was headed for the operating table to repair his torn labrum.

Off to get surgery today.Excited to get this over with and get rehabbing and come back stronger then ever.Thanks for the support #godisgood
    — Chris Weidman (@ChrisWeidmanUFC) November 28, 2012

As for when he'll return? He answered that fairly promptly.

"@uysijosh: @chrisweidmanufc how long before you can fight again?" I'm told ill be at 100 percent at 4 months if everything goes smoothly.
    — Chris Weidman (@ChrisWeidmanUFC) November 28, 2012
    Chris Weidman expected to be 'at 100%' in 4 months following torn labrum surgery - Bloody Elbow
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

they should book a fight with Rockhold, stat.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    they should book a fight with Rockhold, stat.

rh
    I think Weidman schools him. I'd rather see Rockhold fight the loser of Bisping/Belfort.

Or am I missing the sarcasm in your post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I think it's a great bout, stylistically and to see where he is in the hierarchy.

I could see them wanting to build his name a bit more by facing the loser of Bisping/Belfort though. Just as viable philosophy.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Anderson isn't gonna fight Weidman, you noobs! Get over it Weidman fanboys!

weidman vs the talent? (seeing if belchar gets past okami) ....which i think he will

Thread Information