Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overeem: JDS is going to lose to Cain Velasquez

Default Overeem: JDS is going to lose to Cain Velasquez

Overeem: JDS is going to lose to Cain Velasquez

In an interview with the Las Vegas Sun, Overeem offered his opinions on his once and future opponents.

“I think it was the stupidest thing on his part,” Overeem said of Silva's move to ATT. “This is a really good team with a really strong manager backing it and a lot of good people. I just don’t think it was a clever thing to do. I don’t even know where he’s training now.”

“I believe he left because he wanted to fight me first or something like that. Fine by me.”

“I just see him as a big guy who behaves in a certain way. I’m going to hit him as hard as I can.”

Overeem also discussed the decision to fight rather than wait.

“If I waited for Cain vs. JDS, it would probably be next summer already,” Overeem said. “It’s been a year since I fought, so you’ve got to consider ring rust. You need to have the experience to use fighting as much as possible. Being out for 18 months would not have been positive.”

“I want dos Santos to win so I can beat him, but I think Cain is going to take care of him for me, unfortunately. Junior is going to get taken down. He’s going to get ground-and-pounded.”

“(Junior’s) been doing the zig-zag. He wants to fight me then he doesn’t, so then he fights Cain. I think he’s going to have his hands full with Cain. He’s going to lose.”
    Overeem: JDS is going to lose to Cain Velasquez - Mixed Martial Arts News
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I know how you work Mr. Overeem and I like it.
    You don't HONESTLY think he's going to lose, but this is pre-game shit talk for when You and JDS actually do fight.
    Well done Sir, I approve.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    I know how you work Mr. Overeem and I like it.
    You don't HONESTLY think he's going to lose, but this is pre-game shit talk for when You and JDS actually do fight.
    Well done Sir, I approve.
    i agree, aside from AO, im not sure there is a HW on the roster that can beat JDS unless Timmmay came back to jab him to death (sarcasm on the timmay part)
    Dan "The G.O.A.T." Henderson

Member of the Demian Maia fan club

Anderson VS Shogun 2012 Dana make it happen

I do respect him staying active . He better concentrate on Bigface right now otherwise he might not have to worry about foighting the winner of JDS/Cain.
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

I think Cain is going to do just that as well.
    Legalize MMA in New York

I hate Overeem but I really think he is going to be champion and run through the division.

Question. Why his bout against Lesnar is still considered a win? It should be a No contest because roidereem got caught.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Have to respect the fact that he chooses to fight rather than wait. Fighters who wait, IMO don't have the confidence in themselves to be champions to begin with.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Question. Why his bout against Lesnar is still considered a win? It should be a No contest because roidereem got caught.
    No he didnt. He passed the pre-fight drug test.

MMAjunkie.com

He failed the pre-fight drug test against JDS, and that's why the fight was cancelled.

Remember, it is not cheating unless you get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    I hate Overeem but I really think he is going to be champion and run through the division.
    I think he ends up a gatekeeper, I think Cain and JDS both smash him.

Thread Information