Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Dolce: 'Chael Sonnen is 240 lbs and ripped'

Default Mike Dolce: 'Chael Sonnen is 240 lbs and ripped'

Mike Dolce: 'Chael Sonnen is 240 lbs and ripped'

On The Church of What's Happening Now podcast with Joey Diaz from last week, Dolce stated that Sonnen was '240 pounds and ripped' right now. When asked if that was true on twitter, Dolce confirmed it:

Mike DOLCE@TheDolceDiet

Yes. "@StuBeii: @TheDolceDiet Hey Mr. Dolce. Just listened to you on Joey's podcast, is Chael really walking round at 240 and ripped? Damn!"

26 Nov 12 Reply
    Retweet
    Favorite

Mike Dolce: 'Chael Sonnen is 240 lbs and ripped' - Bloody Elbow
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Weight cutting is bullshit.

MMA would be sooooo much better without it.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I guess this would be the most recent pic of Sonnen ....
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

240 and ripped right now huh? The Dolce diet must be plenty of water, very few carbs and a high protein/Winstrol intake regimen
    LJS-NEMS

All that muscle didn't do a bit a good for Bader, Rampage, Evans let alone Vitor. At the end of the day Sonnen still has to be able to get inside of Jones' crazy reach advantage to go for a takedown he may not even be able to get.

Anything can happen and Sonnen does have a chance but it likely won't have anything to do with the size of his muscles let alone is walk around weight.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Bones by sub, whenever he feels like it.

But would rather see Chael win.

it should be pointed out that that thanksgiving picture has chael bending over a table from 2 feet behind bones, so he looks much shorter

but yeah, i don't know if i can be bothered with this fight. bones by sub... after softening chael up with jabs on his way in for power doubles.

the fuck does it matter anymore.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    240 and ripped right now huh? The Dolce diet must be plenty of water, very few carbs and a high protein/Winstrol intake regimen
    I agree, I think same day weigh-ins are a great idea. Have the fighters focus on training, technique, and cardio, not cutting weight. Also, it would be way safer for the fighters long term. Cutting 30-40 lbs a few times every year can't be good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker50 View Post
    I agree, I think same day weigh-ins are a great idea. Have the fighters focus on training, technique, and cardio, not cutting weight. Also, it would be way safer for the fighters long term. Cutting 30-40 lbs a few times every year can't be good for you.
    I've been calling for it for years, but it's too embedded in the genre.

I think the only chance it has to ever get legs is if promoters realize that fighters competing at legitimate walk-around weight means that you'd have a roster full of potential replacements when someone has a late-stage injury. The change could actually save cards and make money, long-term.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Same day weigh ins doesn't eliminate weight cutting altogether, but it definitely reduces its impact / advantages, and evens the playing field to some extent.

I'm all for it.

Thread Information