Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lavar Johnson OUT of FOX fight with Brendan Schaub

Damn it, I was looking forward to this fight. Miocic could have been a good replacement imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    I am still disgusted about the fact that Mirko Crocop lost by KO to someone like Schaub
    Don't worry eventually you'll move on and accept Pride is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    This was a good ass comeback

It's hard to deal with

Thanks for the big news genius!

Following your "Awesome" logic I can also say "PRIDE is alive because people like Anderson, Shogun, Hendo and Nog are still in the Top 10. aside GSP and arguably BJ Penn, name me a UFC fighter that was in the Top 10 in 2005 and is still in the Top 10 today".
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

6. Default

Wait you consider Anderson Silva a 'Pride fighter' because he had a few fights in the ORG?
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Wait you consider Anderson Silva a 'Pride fighter' because he had a few fights in the ORG?
    By the same logic one can say Wanderlei Silva was a UFC fighter before he was a Pride fighter. Murilo Bustamante and Dan Henderson were UFC fighters before they were Pride fighters as well.

However, all three fought majority of their career in Pride and left lasting impressions, and that's why they are considered Pride fighters.

I dont consider Anderson Silva a Pride fighter because he never left a lasting impression in the organization, outside of being on the receiving end of Chonnan's flying scizzor heel hook. He has fought and dominated more in the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    That's not the logic I'm using at all.

Anderson fought 5 times, losing twice. He fought more in Brazil before Pride and more outside of Pride after.
    I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was merely backing up your Argument with more examples.

Anderson was a Shooto champion before anything else. His career will be defined being a UFC champ, then a Shooto champ, and lastly a "Pride" fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Thanks for the big news genius!

Following your "Awesome" logic I can also say "PRIDE is alive because people like Anderson, Shogun, Hendo and Nog are still in the Top 10. aside GSP and arguably BJ Penn, name me a UFC fighter that was in the Top 10 in 2005 and is still in the Top 10 today".
    As has been pointed out Anderson can hardly be labelled as a Pride Fighter. You also know that Hendo had fights in the UFC before he went to Pride right ? You want me to name UFC fighters in the top ten today but I can't name some of the ones already there... that makes sense you can debate my point you just can't use these guys to do it. Besides that what does when a fighter decides to retire have to do with it? I can certainly get over the fact that Ortiz, Hughes, Chuck, Randy etc.. aren't the fighters they use to be ?
    How about you do the same?

My "awesome logic" as you put it merely stated Pride the orginization is dead. You still cling to the past like it was the end all and be all of MMA. So what Cro Crop lost to Schaub get over it. Mirko's loss to Schaub is on him he could have retired if he felt he wasn't competitive anymore instead he fought and loss.

The trying to claim fighters as being "Pride" fighters just shows you are living in the past.

Thread Information