Thread: Benson Henderson: Winning Isnít Everything, Itís the Only Thing

Default Benson Henderson: Winning Isnít Everything, Itís the Only Thing

Benson Henderson: Winning Isnít Everything, Itís the Only Thing
    ďI think the first two Frankie fights, the first one was close and everyone was hoping that the second one wouldnít be as close, be more decisive, but sadly the second one was even closer than the first one. It is what it is,Ē Henderson said recently when speaking to MMAWeekly.com.

So for his second title defense Henderson now draws former Ultimate Fighter winner and perennial bad boy Nate Diaz at UFC on Fox 5, but his philosophy and approach in the fight is exactly the same.

Win by any means necessary.

ďIím just trying to get a W,Ē said Henderson. ďIím trying to get my hand raised however I can get it. He slips on a banana peel, Iíll take it. If itís a decisive victory, Iíll take it.

ďIf itís a closer razor thin decision, even closer than the second Frankie fight, Iíll take that too. Getting a W is not easy to come by in the UFC going against the best guy literally on the planet. Iíll take it any way I can get it.Ē
    ďI always fight, we all fight to end fights and to be as decisive as possible. But sometimes when youíre fighting the best guys on the planet you just canít make it as easy as that. Itíd be kind of offensive I think if I just said Ďoh yeah, Iím going there, Iím going to knockout Nate Diaz, no problem,íĒ said Henderson.

ďNo, Iím not going to say that. Nate Diaz is tough. Heís darn tough. And Iím going to go out there and do my best and try to get my hand raised any way possible.Ē
    UFC on Fox 5's Benson Henderson: Winning Isn't Everything, It's the Only Thing | MMAWeekly.com
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Hope Diaz wins, but, picking Bendo by leg kicking clinic.

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    Hope Diaz wins, but, picking Bendo by leg kicking clinic.
    I agree with that for sure. If Cerrone had kept that gameplan with his fight with Diaz I think it would have been a different outcome. Diaz seemed to not have an answer for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thamob View Post
    I agree with that for sure. If Cerrone had kept that gameplan with his fight with Diaz I think it would have been a different outcome. Diaz seemed to not have an answer for them.
    One would think they would have a gameplan for it this time...???

Never, ever thought the day would come to where I'd rather see a Diaz brother win... Especially a title fight.

End of the world is coming this month, woo!

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    One would think they would have a gameplan for it this time...???
    I don't think the Diaz boys ever really gameplan, or if they do they never seem to stick to it. They fight a very similar fight everytime you see them. I'm not a fan of either brother, but you can't deny they put on exciting fights and you always know what you're going to get when you watch them.

Thread Information