Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rory MacDonald Zeroed in on BJ Penn, Would “Love to Fight” Nick Diaz Next

Default Rory MacDonald Zeroed in on BJ Penn, Would “Love to Fight” Nick Diaz Next

Rory MacDonald Zeroed in on BJ Penn, Would “Love to Fight” Nick Diaz Next

Now, MacDonald isn’t calling out Diaz, especially considering the fact that he still has to face B.J. Penn on Dec. 8 at UFC on Fox 5, but when asked about facing the Stockton, Calif., bad boy, the young Canadian isn’t backing down from the challenge.

“I would fight him,” MacDonald said about facing Diaz. “(He comes back ) in February, and I might be ready to fight in like March or something like that. He might be my next fight after B.J., you never know how it works.”

Diaz has never been a quiet one when speaking his mind about potential opponents, and that includes UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, who is one of MacDonald’s teammates.

The talk doesn’t motivate MacDonald to face Diaz, however, it’s more about the challenge of the fight. As a matter of fact, MacDonald gets why Diaz says what he says.

“I don’t think there’s a target on people who talk. That’s the fight game, you’ve got to pump up the fights,” MacDonald stated.

If there is any additional momentum behind a possible MacDonald/Diaz pairing at some point down the road it could be a past fight that would put family pride on the line.

MacDonald soundly thumped Nate Diaz a couple of fights ago, and it’s an easy sell to put him in the cage with the elder Diaz brother looking for a little bit of revenge. Whatever the idea behind the fight would be, MacDonald is all for it.

“We’ll see, I’d love to fight him,” MacDonald said.
    Rory MacDonald Zeroed in on BJ Penn, Would "Love to Fight" Nick Diaz Next | MMAWeekly.com
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Yep yep. Ragdoll BJ then set this shit up! Though I say he has a lot more trouble with Big Diaz than he had with Nate. Tough fight to call.
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

He's not getting by Penn.

I'd rather see him fight Diaz really, but BJ will do for now.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by adamatfullers View Post
    He's not getting by Penn.
    I agree. From what I gather, a lot of other people don't agree with us. BJ is going to stop Rory either by submission or KO. From what I've read Rory is getting a little cocky lately and I strongly feel that he will be sorry.

You won't wanna fight anyone ever again once bj runs through you cocky little fulla

I got penn by tko. I'm not a rory fan at all, hope to see penn smash em

I think if Penn wins this he wins it by UD.

Gotta go Rory here. He's gonna out work Penn and basically tire the shit outta em. Rory by UD or late stoppage.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Rory is going to become a problem... I keep hearing about fans wanting him to fight Nick or Hendricks... Both great fights, especially if he gets past BJ... But can we just have him potentially killing off contenders, while he refuses to fight the champion....

We dont need another Fitch/Kos or Evans/Jones... He should just move up or only fight top guys that arent contenders like Fitch or Kos... Im sure the UFC feels the same way... They dont want him to eliminate potential fights for GSP, some of them having decent saleability.

Thread Information