+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Urijah Faber set to face Ivan Menjivar at UFC 156

1. Default Urijah Faber set to face Ivan Menjivar at UFC 156

Urijah Faber set to face Ivan Menjivar at UFC 156 - Bloody Elbow

A little over a week ago reports started surfacing that perennial contender Urijah Faber would return to action at UFC 156 against Vaughan Lee. The decision was widely criticized for being an extreme mismatch. With Lee struggling with a UFC record of 1-2 and his only win coming over a faded Kid Yamamoto, it's hard to argue that logic.

However, according to Tatame Faber won't be getting a lay up in his next fight. Instead he'll be facing Ivan Menjivar. The two first met 6 years ago at TKO 24: Eruption. Faber came out of the fight with the win after Menjivar was disqualified for landing an illegal kick to a downed opponent.

Menjivar is coming off a very impressive armbar victory over Azamat Gashimov at UFC 154. He 3-1 since debuting in the UFC at 129 with his only loss coming by decision to Mike Easton. Faber is coming off a decision loss to Renan Barao. They fought in the main event at UFC 149 for the interim Bantamweight title.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

MUCH more better matchup. Very intriguing fight.

I'll take Menjivar in this one. I hope he ends any chance of Faber ever getting "gifted" title shots.

Thank god that Vaughn Lee rumour was just that.

This is an excellent rematch that will deliver a helluva show.

So happy they booked this.

Sick fight. I don't often root against Faber but I'm taking Menjivar on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

5. Default

from prior posts sounds like a good fight. It maybe something different for Faber to earn rungs on the latter.

The California Kid is going to have a challenge on his hands. This is a good fight!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information