Thread: Godzilla Stepping Back in the Cage One Final Time Before Calling it Quits

1. Default Godzilla Stepping Back in the Cage One Final Time Before Calling it Quits

Gabe "Godzilla" Ruediger Retiring After One Final Bout for Tachi Palace Fights | MMAWeekly.com

UFC veteran, Ultimate Fighter alum, former WEC champion and current Tachi Palace Fights titleholder Gabe Ruediger is calling it quits after just one more trip to the cage.

Ruediger has one more fight left on his schedule, to defend his Tachi Palace Fights lightweight belt on Feb. 21 in California. But following that one, Godzilla says he is exiting the cage for the final time.

I will be fighting February 21st at the Tachi Palace to defend my lightweight belt. There is one huge difference to this fight that sets it apart from any other. It is my last one. Ive decided to retire after this bout, Ruediger wrote on his personal website on Tuesday.

Ive spent over 11 years fighting MMA professionally and its time to close that chapter of my life. Here is me saying Im retiring and this will be my last fight.
    Ruediger began his professional career in 2002, fighting for the pre-Zuffa WEC. He spent several years fighting for the WEC, made two tours through the UFC, and was a cast member of the fifth season of The Ultimate Fighter reality series.
    I started competing in MMA as a test to see if I could rise to the occasion. It was never looked at as a career, he continued. When I started there was no money, no fame, no recognition. Its amazing to see how the sport has grown and Im glad to have been a part of it in some way.

I will continue to be involved in MMA in one way or another and will continue teaching and progressing as a martial artist, just not as a competitor.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Now he can go get his enemas for a hobby, not just to cut weight lol

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I only looked to see who Godzilla was, then skipped to the bottom to read enema jokes
    I hope this post doesn't creep out Sakara=Excitement.

Think they'll make him a farewell cake?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAtt View Post
    I only looked to see who Godzilla was, then skipped to the bottom to read enema jokes
    this is priceless, cuz i did the EXACT same thing lol
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Quote Originally Posted by Luc1an View Post
    this is priceless, cuz i did the EXACT same thing lol
    So did I lol. I was surprised to see I was the first one

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information