Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Seagal doesn’t believe Georges St-Pierre is ‘great’ martial artist

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    He also said GSP didn't look well in his fight with Shields even though he won. Silva took no damage in those fights you are questioning. Both Cote and Leites got clowned and delivered no effective damage to Silva at all.

GSP came out of that fight looking beaten and battered.

Hey look, cut and paste works both ways.

Cuz it isn't like Anderson wasn't completely dominated for five rounds against Sonnen or anything(and it adds up to five when you factor in the first round of their rematch). Nor did Anderson need to pull a sub completely out of the blue in the bottom of the ninth to save his title in his first Sonnen meeting.....

You're such an ignorant fucking troll.

GSP has also faced way tougher competition than Anderson. You expect Anderson to look beaten up when he is hand picking cans and practicing his dance moves on PPVs?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    GSP comes out of every fight looking beaten and battered... Some guys cut, bleed and bruise way more / easier than others.
    This is true but he can't afford to take that kind of damage from Silva whose larger, stronger and more proficient in striking. I'm not saying anything that Freddie Roach (GSP's boxing trainer hasn't).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I0d3yAMrM3E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Hey look, cut and paste works both ways.

Cuz it isn't like Anderson wasn't completely dominated for five rounds against Sonnen or anything(and it adds up to five when you factor in the first round of their rematch). Nor did Anderson need to pull a sub completely out of the blue in the bottom of the ninth to save his title in his first Sonnen meeting.....

You're such an ignorant fucking troll.
    Promised Submission:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N7Wk5SLDRGY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wears Gi to honor BJJ (uncharacteristically)
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q7EwNHj919E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Injured before fighting Sonnen:
    45:51
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ozBumiWPvl4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    ... And Roaddawg, you must be doing something right because prople on here love To hate you man. You don't even have to post on an article and you get name dropped in reply. Hahaha
    I just voice my opinion which often differs. Those who can't handle it usually resort to childish behavoir. Every comment made is like stepping on an ant bed (its awesome).
    Last edited by roaddawg; 12-04-2012 at 06:18 AM.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    GSP has also faced way tougher competition than Anderson. You expect Anderson to look beaten up when he is hand picking cans and practicing his dance moves on PPVs?

The Middleweight division has never been one of the top divisions in the UFC. IMHO, it's the least "stacked" division in the UFC, and has been for years, if not for the entire history of the UFC. That's not to say that Silva isn't incredibly gifted or great as a mixed martial artist, because he is. But he certainly hasn't faced the competition that other division champs have faced in their careers, at least not current champs.

RD, I mean you are seriously saying who looked better in a fight based on facial damage?????
    Just fucking Wow!!
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    RD, I mean you are seriously saying who looked better in a fight based on facial damage?????
    Just fucking Wow!!
    The title of this thread is about what Seagal said about GSP not looking well. That was supplemented with images taken from the GSP/Shields fight. Nothing Segal said was out of left field imo.

Maybe some think GSP can afford to be sloppy against Silva. I don't but who knows anything can happen. Maybe GSP's speed, explosiveness and superb wrestling would be the perfect counter for Silva's size, power, elusiveness, and supberb MT.
    Last edited by roaddawg; 12-04-2012 at 07:00 AM.
    Anderson Silva:

It is pathetic that he says GSP did not looked good in his fight vs Shields and he says nothing about Anderson vs Cote, Leites, Maia and Sonnen I

Anderson won all of those fights but he did not left any positive impression.
    Unlike Anderson, GSP takes very seriously all of his opponents. GSP's problem is that he does not finish fights. But he dominates all of them.
    You can show other 30 videos of Anderson saying that he will submit Chael or stating that he was injured. Fact is that Anderson was dominated for 23 minutes, and I am pretty sure that it was not in Anderson's plans to be dominated like that for almost the whole fight.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

It is pathetic that he says GSP did not looked good in his fight vs Shields and he says nothing about Anderson vs Cote, Leites, Maia and Sonnen I
    What I got from Segal's comment was in regards to physical damage. Silva walked out unscaved except in Sonnen 1 where he was documented as being injured prior.

Anderson won all of those fights but he did not left any positive impression.
    Well it takes two to tango. Overeem didn't leave a positive impression when he beat Werdum who kept dropping to his back. In regards to Cote he couldn't even finish the fight due to injury but still managed to get highlight reeled (and by that no I don't mean TKO/KO)

Unlike Anderson, GSP takes very seriously all of his opponents. GSP's problem is that he does not finish fights.
    With the way that Silva trains I would have to assume he takes all of his fights seriously as well. The fact that SIlva has a high finishing rate should be something of note. The difference is Silva has the capability to beat people up mentally like Ali, Rjj.

He also studies Capoeria which is a Brazillian martial art that comprises both dancing and music.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wlqjygwKU6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can show other 30 videos of Anderson saying that he will submit Chael or stating that he was injured. Fact is that Anderson was dominated for 23 minutes, and I am pretty sure that it was not in Anderson's plans to be dominated like that for almost the whole fight.
    Ofcourse he was dominated. With an injury like that I am surprised he even finished the fight. Other fighters would probably threw in the towel. The bottom line is and as documented Silva went in with the intentions of submitting Sonnen.

Hence the videos of him talking with Nog prior and him wearing the gi to the ring (which is something he never does). I can't dismiss those correlations.
    Last edited by roaddawg; 12-04-2012 at 07:23 AM.
    Anderson Silva:

Not that Seagal's opinion should be counting for much of anything as far as MMA is concerned and he should stick to the direct to dvd crap he is making now. He does obviously overlook the fact GSP's vision got pretty messed up mid fight by an eye poke. Hard to look great when you are having a hard time seeing.

Thread Information