Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Hunt and Stefan Struve Look to Cross Paths at UFC on Fuel 8 in Japan

Default Mark Hunt and Stefan Struve Look to Cross Paths at UFC on Fuel 8 in Japan

Mark Hunt fans can start banging their drums again because it looks like a fight between he and Stefan Struve is close to becoming official.

According to MMAWeekly, a source close to the fight confirmed that verbal agreements are in place and the fight between Hunt and Struve will take place March 2 in Japan.

Struve is currently on a four-fight win streak and has won six of his last seven overall. The seven-footer consistently puts on exciting fights with only one of his 30 professional bouts going the distance.

The 5'10" Mark Hunt has turned into a fan favorite during 2012 with many of his loyal fans calling for him to get a shot at the heavyweight title.

Seeing these two guys in the Octagon is going to be quite a scene if it does in fact become official. Struve is 14 inches taller than Hunt, but the New Zealander will no doubt come in as the heavier fighter.

Hunt's story is quite remarkable. He entered the UFC in 2010 on the heels of a five-fight losing streak. He then lost his UFC debut at UFC 119 against Sean McCorkle just one minute into the fight. Since that point, however, he has rattled off three straight wins against Chris Tuchscherer (UFC 127), Ben Rothwell (UFC 135) and Cheick Kongo (UFC 144).

The winner of this fight will no doubt make huge strides towards the top of the heavyweight ladder and may be just one additional win away from earning a shot at the title.

Please keep in mind that this is just a verbal agreement and nothing official has been announced by the UFC.
    Mark Hunt and Stefan Struve Look to Cross Paths at UFC on Fuel 8 in Japan | Bleacher Report

Oh man, I've been waiting for this fight for a long time! It should be an exciting fight. I hate to see either of them lose though
    Last edited by Fe1; 12-04-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

[IMG] GIFSoup[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Hunt should have replaced Carwin against Roy, or he should have been Reems opponent. He's earned a shot at getting a shot I think.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    Hunt should have replaced Carwin against Roy, or he should have been Reems opponent. He's earned a shot at getting a shot I think.
    His injuries would have prevented that. He's only recently started training again.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Noooooo!!!
    I love both of these guys.
    But WAR Hunt!!!
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    His injuries would have prevented that. He's only recently started training again.
    Not to mention that right now, Stefan should be considered to be closer to a title shot than Nelson. This fight makes sense as far as title contention goes.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

War Hunt! Would love to see him get a title shot.

Mark Hunt is a very calm and dangerous man in that cage. I think his hands may be the best in the division. I think he could KO Dos Santos.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Takedown sub.

I like both of these guys alot, but if Struve can avoid the bombs, I think his submissions will seal the deal for him with relative ease.

Thread Information