Thread: Alistair Overeem says he's 'never really spoke' to Dana White

Default Alistair Overeem says he's 'never really spoke' to Dana White

UFC Quick Quote: Alistair Overeem says he's 'never really spoke' to Dana White - MMAmania.com
    "I never really dealt with Dana. Just hello and goodbye, we never really spoke really. Of course there's a respect from my side and his side, a mutual respect but when this happened, the show has to go on. The show didn't go on and I took responsibility for it but we didn't speak. I was in Vegas, I was in a meeting at the UFC headquarters and I actually took the time to wait for him to finish with his business. I stepped into his office and took responsibility and I said it was my fault. I think for him hearing that directly out of my mouth and by looking each other in the eyes that was good, good for the relationship. That's what I would like to hear if my employees messed up, I would like to hear directly from them. I just told him that I messed up, the show has to go on, it didn't, I take responsibility, these are the steps that I've taken, these are the steps I'm going to take and he appreciated that. Immediately after I noticed a difference in his tone so I think that was the right thing to do."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

That must mean Dana White does not respect Overeem.

I wonder why.

I'm not an AO fan, I'm clearly biased, but am I reading too much into this?...he makes it seem like taking responsibility is, I dunno, going above and beyond the baseline expectations.

AO, you fucked up. You're supposed to take responsibility.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Overeem lives on another planet.

That planet's name you ask?

Incredulity.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Overeem lives on another planet.

That planet's name you ask?

Incredulity.
    HA. surely, you jest.

Like AO would ever live on a planet not named after himself.

As if.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    HA. surely, you jest.

Like AO would ever live on a planet not named after himself.

As if.

rh
    LOL, any guesses on what Overeem's home planet's number one import is? And no, it isn't horsemeat.

directly out of my mouth and by looking each other in the eyes that was good, good for the relationship.
    Sometimes if you don't quote the entire sentence, it looks like something else lol.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I'm not an AO fan, I'm clearly biased, but am I reading too much into this?...he makes it seem like taking responsibility is, I dunno, going above and beyond the baseline expectations.

AO, you fucked up. You're supposed to take responsibility.

rh
    That's what I would like to hear if my employees messed up, I would like to hear directly from them
    Seems like he's saying that he did what he would want others to do, were he in DW's shoes. Not that he went above and beyond.

9. Default

I see all you guys point. He did what he would want someone else to do if the shoes were reversed. What I also see is AO just because he did it he thinks it's past
    [ Not a AO fan so biased some] AS far as DW goes I see him remembering, but as long as he makes him a boat load of money with no more major problems AO is alright in his book.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    LOL, any guesses on what Overeem's home planet's number one import is? And no, it isn't horsemeat.
    Needles.

Thread Information