Thread: Renan Barao will defend UFC interim bantamweight belt against Michael McDonald

Default Renan Barao will defend UFC interim bantamweight belt against Michael McDonald

Renan Barao will defend UFC interim bantamweight belt against Michael McDonald

Renan Barao will put his UFC interim bantamweight title on the line against Michael McDonald, according to Tuesday's edition of UFC Tonight on Fuel TV. While the bout has been agreed upon by both fighters, a date and location have yet to be determined.

Cruz was originally scheduled to defend his title against Urijah Faber over the summer, before the knee injury injury caused Cruz to pull out of the fight. That led to a bout between Faber and Barao for the interim title at UFC 149 in Calgary. Barao (29-1, 1 no-contest), who trains with featherweight champion Jose Aldo at Nova Unaio, cruised to a unanimous decision victory.

At just 21, MacDonald has the opportunity to become the youngest titleholder in UFC history. The Modesto, Calif. native is 15-1 in his career with nine knockouts and four submissions. His most recent victory was a first-round knockout of former WEC champion Miguel Torres at UFC 145. Jon Jones, who was 23 years and eight months old when he defeated Mauricio Rua for the UFC light heavyweight title, holds the record for youngest champion (This does not include tournament championships from the UFC's early days).

MMAFIGHTING.com

Nice!

BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

Mayday, Mayday. Renan Barao do you copy? Over....

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Sweet! I'd love to see McDonald win the belt. Should be an excellent fight.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information