Thread: Dan Hardy says he won't fight at UFC on Fuel 7 in England

1. Default Dan Hardy says he won't fight at UFC on Fuel 7 in England

Dan Hardy says he won't fight at UFC on Fuel 7 in England - Bloody Elbow

It appears the biggest UK star available to fight at UFC on Fuel 7 in London isn't all that available after all. The card, which takes place on February 16th in Wembley Arena, was expected to host a Dan Hardy fight. There were rumors that Hardy could face hard-hitting Siyar Bahadurzada on the card and when Siyar asked Hardy about it on twitter, The Outlaw's answer put a bit of a damper on things:

@siyarthegreat @ufc sorry mate, I won't be ready to fight in February. Enjoy fighting in London though, the UK fans are always great.

— Dan Hardy (@danhardymma) December 4, 2012
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I wouldn't want to fight Siyar if I was Dan Hardy either.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

So Hardy has 9 weeks to prepare, would be matched up against a striker who plays into his strengths, AND gets to fight in his home country where he's pretty much a hero..... But he turns the fight down? Unless he's WAY overweight right now then how is he not ducking Siyar?

Who knows, maybe he's got personal plans that just don't allow for a proper camp. It isn't as if he had agreed to it, or was even properly approached. It was twitter. Could be anything.

Quote Originally Posted by noahm View Post
    Who knows, maybe he's got personal plans that just don't allow for a proper camp. It isn't as if he had agreed to it, or was even properly approached. It was twitter. Could be anything.
    You would think though that the UFC and Dan Hardy have him penciled in for all of these cards that take place in England. Especially the ones for fuel. There are a lot of British talent that I look forward to seeing in the future, hopefully on this card.

Siyar: "Hardy has to fight me eventually, why not London?" - Fighters Only
    “I'd love to fight Hardy in his home but I'm not sure if he will take the fight,” says Bahadurzada from Florida, where he has moved to join the Blackzilians along with former Golden Glory team mate Alistair Overeem.

“Anyways, if Hardy wants to fight me in that card, I'll be more than happy to fight him! I think he should take the fight. It's his home! Has all the support in his hometown and works in his favor.

“He will have to fight me eventually if he wants to climb up the rankings again. So why not take this chance and fight me in front of his home crowd?”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I don't much about Siyar outside of the fight world, but man, this dude is a motivated fighter. He just wants to fight! He's called out Alves, Penn, and Hardy already, all three great standup strikers. He is always looking to fill in for someone on short notice. I think a matchup against Hardy would be a great battle and someone will be going to sleep, kinda like in the Condit/Hardy fight.

I wonder if Greg JAckson would have advised Jon Jones from taking a fight against Siyar, had he stepped up to fight Jones on short notice lol?

Hardy is pretty big for WW and I don't think he stays in shape all year. I know he used to walk around at over 200 lbs, so I could see this easily being a weight issue.

Maybe he has a bigger fight lined up on a different card?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information