Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cris Cyborg says she'll fight Ronda Rousey at 135 lbs, but not at UFC 157

Default Cris Cyborg says she'll fight Ronda Rousey at 135 lbs, but not at UFC 157

Cris Cyborg says she'll fight Ronda Rousey at 135 lbs, but not at UFC 157 - Bloody Elbow

After rumors surfaced that she'd fight Ronda Rousey at UFC 157, Cyborg Santos shot down the claims saying she can't make bantamweight that soon.

UFC Brazil appeared to have big news for the UFC Wednesday evening when they titled UFC 157 "Rousey vs. Cyborg". The fight is widely regarded as the most compelling fight in WMMA and would be the first ever Women's fight in the UFC. However, only minutes after the news spread through Twitter, the event title was changed on the website.

Tatame got in contact with Cristiane Santos to see what she had to say on the matter:

They are negotiating to fight, but there's nothing sure in this fight event. If my weight, I fight. They said I have to download category, but I can not at this time. We will negotiate, but I need some time.

The UFC is the best event in the world, the great dream of every fight there is. If you have that opportunity, I will give my best and in all events. I'll do my best to get this win. It's a big step and a big responsibility to keep female MMA there.

Cyborg has been engaged in a war of words with the Strikeforce women's Bantamweight champ for the past few months. Ronda Rousey has been more than outspoken in criticizing Santos for her failed steroid test last year. Both fighters have repeatedly said they want to fight each, but have been unable to agree on what weight to compete at until now.

If Cyborg is able to get down to 135 lbs. this fight will be a big win for WMMA fans. Although nothing is decided yet, Santos did say she expects to know more by the end of December.
    Well, well, well. After all that bullshit negotiating now Cyborg is looking to make the fight with Ronda at 135 lbs. I understand this is a business and everybody's looking out for their own best interest but some people are just so full of shit/transparent that it would be really hard for me to appreciate they're redeeming qualities/fighting skills. Cyborg is definitely edging towards that category IMHO. Hopefully she just stays quiet and focuses on testing clean and making weight.

It would be hard for me to imagine her getting an immediate shot at Ronda, considering the steroid suspension and past weight-cutting difficulties. I still expect her to successfully defeat a contender at 135 lbs before she's formally offered the Ronda fight.

Shit, if she pulls of the unlikely and beats Ronda, she could even market herself as a 2-division world champion. Let's see how this plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post

Well, well, well. After all that bullshit negotiating now Cyborg is looking to make the fight with Ronda at 135 lbs. I understand this is a business and everybody's looking out for their own best interest but some people are just so full of shit/transparent that it would be really hard for me to appreciate they're redeeming qualities/fighting skills. Cyborg is definitely edging towards that category IMHO. Hopefully she just stays quiet and focuses on testing clean and making weight.

It would be hard for me to imagine her getting an immediate shot at Ronda, considering the steroid suspension and past weight-cutting difficulties. I still expect her to successfully defeat a contender at 135 lbs before she's formally offered the Ronda fight.

Shit, if she pulls of the unlikely and beats Ronda, she could even market herself as a 2-division world champion. Let's see how this plays out.
    I am excited for this fight. I, like you, would like to see rousey defend and cyborg fight 1 at 135, for their initial matchup. This would answer lots of questions. Can Cyborg make 135 while retaining her strength and stamina?

I also think it would add to the drama that would be Rousey vs Cyborg. I look forward to this matchup b/c I think Rousey owns her. I think she is too much of an athlete for santos. I hope we find out.

Good. Cyborg should have to have a fight before fighting Rousey anyway. I am of the belief that violators of the commissions rules do NOT deserve an instantaneous rematch.

If GSP or Jones tested positive in their next fight I would say the same thing.

i wonder if shes prego, i mean shes been on suspension and said she cant cut the weight at this time. has anyone seen a picture of her lately? i personally havent.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    i wonder if shes prego, i mean shes been on suspension and said she cant cut the weight at this time. has anyone seen a picture of her lately? i personally havent.

Don't you need like a uterus and ovaries to get pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Don't you need like a uterus and ovaries to get pregnant?

rep'd

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    has anyone seen a picture of her lately? i personally havent.
    I try to avoid those at all cost.

as for the fight... I'm all for it and would love it if Cyborg knocked Ronda out clean.
    I like them both, but Ronda seems like she could be a cunt. So seeing her get KO'ed and maybe humbled would be entertaining.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagmadov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I do not how much UFC really wants to make this fight happen.

The only reason they are making a WMMA division is Ronda Rousey. They will obviously want her to win. Cyborg is a legit threat.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post
    Cris Cyborg says she'll fight Ronda Rousey at 135 lbs, but not at UFC 157 - Bloody Elbow

You're out of your mind if you think Dana wouldn't give Cyborg and immediate title shot with Rousey on the 1st female bout in UFC history lol.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    You're out of your mind if you think Dana wouldn't give Cyborg and immediate title shot with Rousey on the 1st female bout in UFC history lol.
    Agreed. Money talks with baldfather.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Thread Information