Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fedor: UFC wants to hold an event in Russia next year

Default Fedor: UFC wants to hold an event in Russia next year

Fedor: UFC wants to hold an event in Russia next year - Mixed Martial Arts News

The massive Russian sports site Sports.ru recently interviewed Fedor Emelianenko, who said the UFC wants to come to Russia.

Fedor Emelianenko , Adviser to the Minister of Sport and President of the Union of Russian MMA, spoke about the possibility of the UFC hosting an event in Russia, and also shared his thoughts on the defeat of his brother Alecksander by Jeff Monson.

Sports.ru: Can you compare the two MMA organizations - UFC and M-1 Global? And it is true that the UFC fights will take place in Russia?

Fedor Emelianenko: The UFC have a desire to hold the event in Russia next year. Once the UFC was in decline - and Pride was large. Now there is no more Pride, and the UFC has gained momentum. There was a time when the M-1 just developed and existed only through the efforts of Vadim Finkelstein. Today, this organization is one of the strongest in the world. I will say that the UFC and M-1 are at the moment the two strongest organization in the world.

Sports.ru: Recently, your brother Alexander lost a fight with Jeff Monson.

FE: Of course I'm upset about the defeat of his brother. But it is a sport and there is always a winner and a loser. I asked Alexander to work with my coaches from Holland. But Alexander has chosen a different way of training, which was unsuccessful.

Sports.ru: You can see the specific cause of his loss?

FE: I see, but I will not tell.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Fedor always has a look of disappointment on his face when he's around Alexander.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

If the UFC does go to Russia, they should sign Fedor to a 1 fight deal, bring Randy out of retirement! (i can dream)
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Quote Originally Posted by Luc1an View Post
    If the UFC does go to Russia, they should sign Fedor to a 1 fight deal, bring Randy out of retirement! (i can dream)
    LOL dare to dream. But seriously, I think it's more likely for tim sylvia to win a ufc title again.

I hope if they do an event in Russia, the UFC honors Fedor in some way. Wishful thinking I'm sure...
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.

i think he would get a mention from announcers if in the crowd, cant really see nothing more though

If dana is 1/10 the business man he gets credit for, he absolutely mends fences and signs Fedor to a one-shot vanity fight for a card in Russia.

There would be nothing to lose but a grudge if Fedor wasn't fighting anyone relevant to a HW title shot. There would be zillions of Russians to gain if zuffa were to do it. Bring back Randy, or lesnar or something like that. Something that would be fun, but ultimately wouldn't matter. If Fedor wins, he doesn't win anything but a vanity fight. If he loses, he loses.

But zuffa would be rolling in rubles. or euros, or whatever they're using over there now.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Fedor is saying that "the UFC has a desire" to hold an event in Russia, not that they will be holding an event.

I dont see it happening. As far as MMA goes in Russia, M-1 is still in charge. The UFC has no leverage in negotiating an event there, not without some agreements with M-1, and we all have heard the ugly stories surrounding that.

Add to that, the UFC really has no Russian fighter with name value to sell to the Russian crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    If dana is 1/10 the business man he gets credit for, he absolutely mends fences and signs Fedor to a one-shot vanity fight for a card in Russia.

There would be nothing to lose but a grudge if Fedor wasn't fighting anyone relevant to a HW title shot. There would be zillions of Russians to gain if zuffa were to do it. Bring back Randy, or lesnar or something like that. Something that would be fun, but ultimately wouldn't matter. If Fedor wins, he doesn't win anything but a vanity fight. If he loses, he loses.

But zuffa would be rolling in rubles. or euros, or whatever they're using over there now.

rh
    Yes, exactly what I was gonna add to my post until I saw yours.
    One shot deal, to sell to the Russian crowd. My choices, however, would be Arlovski rematch, or possibly ask Anderson Silva (if he is retired at this point) to come back and setup a fight between p4p legends.

Perhaps sign Aleks to a one fight deal against a guy like Kongo, or Tim Sylvia (if the UFC wishes to give him a one fight deal as well).

If Dana indeed signs Fedor for one fight, I think he will also bring someone for just one fight. Maybe he will even consider bringing Crocop and making Fedor vs Mirko II. Dana has always had respect for Mirko.

I do not think that Dana will sign Fedor to a 1 fight deal and put him against a Top fighter. It would be a risky move because Fedor may beat his Top fighter and Dana will look like a complete idiot because we all know what kind of comments he has made towards Fedor in the past years.

As for M-1 being the second most important promotion...just No.
    I think that ONE FC and Bellator are ahead of M-1.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information