Fedor: UFC wants to hold an event in Russia next year - Mixed Martial Arts News

The massive Russian sports site Sports.ru recently interviewed Fedor Emelianenko, who said the UFC wants to come to Russia.

Fedor Emelianenko , Adviser to the Minister of Sport and President of the Union of Russian MMA, spoke about the possibility of the UFC hosting an event in Russia, and also shared his thoughts on the defeat of his brother Alecksander by Jeff Monson.

Sports.ru: Can you compare the two MMA organizations - UFC and M-1 Global? And it is true that the UFC fights will take place in Russia?

Fedor Emelianenko: The UFC have a desire to hold the event in Russia next year. Once the UFC was in decline - and Pride was large. Now there is no more Pride, and the UFC has gained momentum. There was a time when the M-1 just developed and existed only through the efforts of Vadim Finkelstein. Today, this organization is one of the strongest in the world. I will say that the UFC and M-1 are at the moment the two strongest organization in the world.

Sports.ru: Recently, your brother Alexander lost a fight with Jeff Monson.

FE: Of course I'm upset about the defeat of his brother. But it is a sport and there is always a winner and a loser. I asked Alexander to work with my coaches from Holland. But Alexander has chosen a different way of training, which was unsuccessful.

Sports.ru: You can see the specific cause of his loss?

FE: I see, but I will not tell.