+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fedor: UFC wants to hold an event in Russia next year

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    ...or possibly ask Anderson Silva (if he is retired at this point) to come back and setup a fight between p4p legends...
    I don't believe--and this is pure conjecture--that they'd ever risk Silva's legacy. I don't believe Anderson would risk his legacy, particularly if he's retired.

I actually don't see the UFC doing it at all, I think dana is too emotional and stubborn, but if they did, I just can't see them offering him a fight that actually had any implications on the brand the UFC has crafted.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    If Dana indeed signs Fedor for one fight, I think he will also bring someone for just one fight. Maybe he will even consider bringing Crocop and making Fedor vs Mirko II. Dana has always had respect for Mirko.

I do not think that Dana will sign Fedor to a 1 fight deal and put him against a Top fighter. It would be a risky move because Fedor may beat his Top fighter and Dana will look like a complete idiot because we all know what kind of comments he has made towards Fedor in the past years.

As for M-1 being the second most important promotion...just No.
    I think that ONE FC and Bellator are ahead of M-1.
    I didnt even think of CC. That would be an epic matchup also. I think we would see a very good CC because I always felt CC performs better outside of the American crowd.

I wouldnt be surprised if Fedor ended up fighting a top HW. It would be like the Matt Hughes effect, where WW like Dan Hardy and Kos wanted to fight him because he was at the end of his career and wanted to add that big name legend to their resume. You can bet that some HW would like to do the same with Fedor, like Overeem or Mir, both guys who can headline a main event as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    If Dana indeed signs Fedor for one fight, I think he will also bring someone for just one fight. Maybe he will even consider bringing Crocop and making Fedor vs Mirko II. Dana has always had respect for Mirko.

I do not think that Dana will sign Fedor to a 1 fight deal and put him against a Top fighter. It would be a risky move because Fedor may beat his Top fighter and Dana will look like a complete idiot because we all know what kind of comments he has made towards Fedor in the past years.

As for M-1 being the second most important promotion...just No.
    I think that ONE FC and Bellator are ahead of M-1.
    I actually agree with you (for once) on all of your points.

If UFC does go to Russia - I don't see Fedor fighting at all. If anything they will have him do a guest interview or some promotional shots or pictures with Dana or something. But I do not believe he'll fight.

If he does though - I agree it'd be a one-fight type deal. I'd love to see Cro Cop vs. Fedor 2 , I don't think it will happen though. Fedor fought in June but also said he wouldn't fight in the UFC after his retirement and their failed negotiations. Also Cro Cop fights later this month.

I'd rather see that fight than Fedor vs. Brock or Couture at this point. And despite Dana's comments about Fedor he did make it an obsession to try and sign him at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I don't believe--and this is pure conjecture--that they'd ever risk Silva's legacy. I don't believe Anderson would risk his legacy, particularly if he's retired.

I actually don't see the UFC doing it at all, I think dana is too emotional and stubborn, but if they did, I just can't see them offering him a fight that actually had any implications on the brand the UFC has crafted.

rh
    See, there in lies the problem that I hate very much about a guy like Silva.

Great champions are always willing to prove something. Michael Jordan retired at the high point of his career, winning 3 straight champions and to come back and do it again. But he came again, only this time to prove he still had game and can hang with the younger generation of players. Many believed he ruined his legacy, but I think to him that wasnt an issue and was merely to test himself out, regardless if he didnt win a title or his career Points per game average dropped.

A 50 year old Randy Couture would consider coming out of retirement, solely to test himself against a legend in Fedor. I dont see him caring about his legacy or making a fuss over the payday or incentives he should receive the way I think Silva would make if wanted to fight Fedor. Hell, I think better chance of Lesnar coming out of retirement,risking everything and taking a fight with Fedor than Silva would.

anyone agaisnt Big Nog? i know hes lost 2 decisions (and the NC) to fedor already, but the fight wouldnt really affect the HW divison as we can all agree Big Nog isnt getting a title shot anytime soon...id be 100% okay with this fight if they made it

Im also onboard with CroCop if they can get him to come back for one fight i just dont see that happening

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

If Fedor fights for the UFC in Russia, then the end really is near.

He's still 36.... 10 years from now he could be kicking himself in the ass for not getting the most out of himself while he could still physically do it... Both for his legacy and financially.

Fedor seems like a guy stuck in his ways, I dont see him changing his mind... Also having that dummy around doenst help anything. Although Dana could try to throw some cash in Vadummy's direction to get him to convince Fedor to come back.

Fedor is a crazy religious zealot if that gives you any idea of how logical his actions are.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    See, there in lies the problem that I hate very much about a guy like Silva.

Great champions are always willing to prove something. Michael Jordan retired at the high point of his career, winning 3 straight champions and to come back and do it again. But he came again, only this time to prove he still had game and can hang with the younger generation of players. Many believed he ruined his legacy, but I think to him that wasnt an issue and was merely to test himself out, regardless if he didnt win a title or his career Points per game average dropped.

A 50 year old Randy Couture would consider coming out of retirement, solely to test himself against a legend in Fedor. I dont see him caring about his legacy or making a fuss over the payday or incentives he should receive the way I think Silva would make if wanted to fight Fedor. Hell, I think better chance of Lesnar coming out of retirement,risking everything and taking a fight with Fedor than Silva would.
    And all of the other GOAT candidates would jump out of retirement, but Anderson wouldnt? Based on nothing

GSP of course... Even though he said he wanted to retire early and doesnt want to move up...

Randy, Lesnar, hell anyone would do it... Anderson wouldnt though... Hes a coward...

Fedor isnt even in the UFC and making a fight with the MW champion probably wouldnt even be on the UFC's radar if he was to come to the UFC.... But I say Anderson would love that fight and jump at the idea...

Im a huge fedor fan, but stylistically he is a MUCH better fight for him than Jones... Hell Fedor is even smaller than Jones.

10. Default

Let Fedor do a Sambo exposition. Fedor is a part owner of M1 so he is going to want it to be heavily involved. So I don't see were a mma fight could be settled on.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information