Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RONDA ROUSEY BOOKS 1ST UFC FIGHT Main Event at UFC 157

Default RONDA ROUSEY BOOKS 1ST UFC FIGHT Main Event at UFC 157

http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/06/ronda-...ain-event-mma/

Ronda Rousey has signed a contract to fight in the the MAIN EVENT at UFC 157 in February ... the first ever female fight in UFC history ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell us the 25-year-old Olympic medalist will step in the ring with 28-year-old Liz Carmouche ... a highly-ranked MMA badass who served in the U.S. Marine Corps.

Rousey was named UFC champion (female 135 lbs division) when she signed with the organization -- and her belt will be up for grabs.

The fight is set to go down on Feb. 23 in Anaheim, CA.

FYI -- Carmouche has a 7-2 record and an awesome nickname -- The Girl-rilla.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/06/ronda-...#ixzz2EIxOkH8o
    Wow, they're not messing around with this. Rock on.

And obviously, UFC is making a mainstream push with Rousey, as all of her "breaking news" gets leaked by TMZ.com.

right on, this sounds pretty good.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

thread needs pics of Ronda.

I love Women's MMA and I'm glad Dana and Co. warmed up to it, but Liz Carmouche in a PPV Main Event over Lyoto Machida and Dan Henderson is ridiculous. Has freak show written all over it.
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

5. Default

Meh, she's a poor man's (woman's?) Sarah Kaufman. Would have preferred if Marloes Coenen got the shot. Or even rematch Tate.
    ------------------

This fight won't showcase Women's MMA. Thefight will be over with in 2:30 via well why even say it

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Meh, she's a poor man's (woman's?) Sarah Kaufman. Would have preferred if Marloes Coenen got the shot. Or even rematch Tate.
    Mieshas arm is probably in 2 pieces still.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Main Event? it better be a stacked card... anyone else see this being a huge PPV bust?

I dont want to wish anyone failure just because of my personal preference, but I wouldnt be sad at all to see this WMMA thing go away, at least from the UFC.

I think people are hyper-focused on the main event thing. Dan Henderson vs Lyoto Machida DOES NOT get bumped off the card just because Ronda's headlining.

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    Main Event? it better be a stacked card... anyone else see this being a huge PPV bust?
    On the contrary, I think this is PPV gold.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post
    I think people are hyper-focused on the main event thing. Dan Henderson vs Lyoto Machida DOES NOT get bumped off the card just because Ronda's headlining.

On the contrary, I think this is PPV gold.
    Its weird how MMA was called a "fad" back in the day... we all laughed at the idea, but I'm not sure it is foolish to call WMMA a fad... based upon a history of various Womens sports... some even having brief success.

Rousey does draw attention and peak curiosity... but will she make people want to buy a 45$ PPV?

If WMMA is a success, it will probably mean more $ for all involved, the Men included... that can only be a good thing, I just hope it doest take away from the fights we(not WMMA fans) care about seeing.

Thread Information