+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GSP asks Dana White for Nick Diaz fight, Dana says thats the fight they will make

Default GSP asks Dana White for Nick Diaz fight, Dana says thats the fight they will make

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani
    Dana just said GSP told him I want Nick Diaz. Dana said that's probably the fight we'll make.

Dana said that GSP doesn't ask for much, so he feels like he has to do it. Silva and Hendricks will have to wait.

Dana hasn't told Nick yet, but he is here. ... What did I tell you, my friends?

Dana says Hendricks will fight in the interim. He doesn't want him to wait around.

Well there you have it guys, GSP vs Diaz most likely now...are you surprised? Im not

no, no, no. you got it all wrong... Only Anderson(and other black fighters) care about money...

If GSP can fight one guy and get 5 mil, or fight another guy and make 8 mil.... It wont factor into the equation... He will always go for the more deserving contender...

oh and the UFC thinks that way too... Money? plz... Whats that to them.

I guess the champs are allowed to pick the challenger to the belt now? What a joke.

I'm kinda neutral on my feelings for this one.

On one hand, this is an insult to Hendricks, who has RIGHTFULLY earned a title shot. Diaz is coming off a loss and a suspension.

However, it's not like the UFC is booking this matchup for their own benefit. It's GSP himself asking for the fight and unlike Silva, GSP never really finds BS reasons to avoid a matchup. He respects every challenger presented to him. I wish he would have been indifferent to the smack Diaz talked, but clearly it has gotten under his skin and he wants that fight badly.

Anyone think Nick Diaz will pull a Nick Diaz and screw himself out of a title match again?

This is bad.

I'm disappointed in everyone involved, and feel bad for Hendricks.

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    no, no, no. you got it all wrong... Only Anderson(and other black fighters) care about money...
    Exactly when did this become about race?

It's about greed, and lack of integrity within the sport.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Weidman and Hendricks clearly deserve the title shots...

However im not sold that Jon is better than Nick or Chris is better than Bisping... Id actually have them both losing head to heads as well...

I like the GSP/Diaz fight. It will go something like GSP/Condit where GSP takes him down for 5 rounds, Nick is in it the entire time and busy off of his back, but gets some GNP and loses a decision... I know GSP is going to blast Diaz with his jab... utilize his reach, but as soon as Diaz starts landing, he puts him on his back.

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post

If GSP can fight one guy and get 5 mil, or fight another guy and make 8 mil.... It wont factor into the equation... He will always go for the more deserving contender...

oh and the UFC thinks that way too... Money? plz... Whats that to them.
    I see where your coming from and in some ways you are right. The only reason why I'm cool with it is because I'm a Diaz fan and I respect his skills tremendously, I'd also would be cool with vitor pulling out of his fight with bisping to fight Anderson again.

8. Default

I honestly lost some respect for GSP. He is either A)financially motivated, B)avoiding the harder match-up, and/or C)mentally weak enough to allow a simpleton like Nick to get in his head.

In boxing, if a champion refuses to challenge the #1 contender, he is stripped of his title.

The right thing would be for a champion to step down if he wants to call out his own fights.
    ------------------

Hendricks is going off on twitter right now...

Johny Hendricks ‏@JohnyHendricks
    Asking all fans to let Dana White know you don't agree! GSP says he wants Diaz next. @DanaWhite says "that's probably the fight we'll make"

I don't really know what to say but please @danawhite give me a shot @GeorgesStPierre if u want a fight I will give him anything he can take

I have to agree with that as well let him win one then if @GeorgesStPierre gets through me then let him fight ND

Thank u all for it support I promise if I get a shot I won't waste it

This is just sad and I have (if this is true) lost some respect for St. Pierre. Phenominal MMartist but Hendricks deserves the fight. Diaz is coming off a loss and a suspension...Cyborg is at least coming off a win and suspension but she doesn't deserve the fight with Rousey? Before you get all clammy both did illegal things regardless of the differences between PEDS and pot.

Georges I wish you would just fight Hendricks.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information