Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rory MacDonald Pre-Fight Intervew: “I’m going to annihilate Penn in every aspect”

1. Default Rory MacDonald Pre-Fight Intervew: “I’m going to annihilate Penn in every aspect”

VIDEO | Rory MacDonald Pre-Fight Intervew: “I’m going to annihilate Penn in every aspect” | UFC NEWS MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights

I’m really happy to be here right now. My mindset? It’s just focused on hurting him, destroying him, getting the job done. I don’t put too much effort or focus into thinking about my opponent, I just prepared the best I could, focused on myself and I’m ready to go. I didn’t get into this sport for fame or interviews or TV, I would still be doing this if there was no cameras. I really like mixed martial arts. It’s the passion in my life at the moment. I think I’m going to annihilate him in every field”
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

To the death right?

Unfortunately, because I am a big BJ Penn fan, I think Rory is going to give Penn the worst beating he's ever had. I think Penn is simply too slow and fighting someone considerably bigger than he is.

4. Default

Rory maybe the next big thing, but BJ on a bad day is still a very dangerous opponet to over look him.

i really can't get over how sloppy rory still is. his fight with mills was just him overpowering and beating up a lesser opponent in very ugly fashion. if rory beats penn, he will indeed be able to be a champion. until then, he's mostly potential.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

6. Default

BJ Penn & Rory MacDonald Throw Some verbal Daggers at Today’s Pre-Fight Press Conference MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights

It didn’t take long for BJ to throw some fuel on the fire after being asked to respond to some comments MacDonald had made a few months back about BJ being old and how he took the fight because he wants to hurt Penn. Here is what Penn had to say in response:

“Rory said he took this fight because he really wants to hurt me,” said the former UFC Lightweight and Welterweight Champion. “He said I’m probably going to die in the ring and he better be ready to back up everything he said.”
    Those comments drew a lot of cheers from those in attendance and things only got more intense from there. As Rory sat stone faced, looking straight ahead, Penn was quizzed on whether or not he felt disrespected by MacDonald.

“I don’t know if I feel disrespected, but if you want to say stuff like that you better back it up tomorrow,” Penn said.
    Not to be outdone, Rory grabbed the microphone and looked across the table at Penn and had this to say.

“I’m ready, you don’t have to worry about that,” said MacDonald. “How I came up with the (dying) in the Octagon thing, he (Penn) said that he was fighting to get his legacy back. I don’t know if it’s true or not or if that’s his motivation for taking this fight or not, but if that’s true and your fighting for someone’s opinion or status it’s the wrong reason to fight. His motivation might be something else altogether, but if that is his motivation it’s gonna get him hurt.”
    Penn fired right back with a comment that was simple and got straight to the point.

“Like I said, be ready to back it up Rory,” offered Penn. When asked for his response, Penn simply said I just made my response which drew another round of cheers along with some laughter from members of the media.

When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

I'm a huge BJ Penn fan, and I honestly think Rory is going to just grind his way to a decision against BJ.... but on that same note, I don't think pissing BJ off is a good idea... its what he looks for and how he has to fight someone, he has to hate him and be pissed.

Rory can piss off BJ all he wants. He could literally piss ON BJ and there wouldn't be much he could do about it. This will be a beat down
    Last edited by Fe1; 12-07-2012 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I think that Rory wants to fight the best BJ Penn he can hence the trash talk. Rory could have been respectful like he usually does but this time he chose to hype the fight up with his rhetoric. Rory could have gone the respectful route that Nick Diaz walked recently, but he chose to make it a mental battle as well. Problem that Rory has to deal with now is that this is what "motivates" BJ Penn.

Great job Rory Mac.

Wax that ass Prodigy.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Thread Information