Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva's 'doctor' says drop to 170 would be 'a crime'

Default Anderson Silva's 'doctor' says drop to 170 would be 'a crime'

Anderson Silva's doctor says drop to 170 would be 'a crime'

UFC Welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre said that a condition for a superfight with UFC Middleweight champion Anderson Silva is that the fight take place at his home weight of 170.

That has provoked Anderson’s personal physician, who says it would be ‘criminal’ to try and get his fighter down to that weight.

“It would be a crime for Anderson to try and fight at 77kg," said the doctor. "He could maybe make the weight but the physical loss that he would suffer would be too much."

“We have to respect St. Pierre, who besides being a great fighter is a monster physically. The Canadian would get a considerable conditioning advantage if they fought at welterweight division limits.”

“For me this fight should happen at 80kg (176 lbs), since that would already be a sacrifice for Anderson. It would be his first shot at this weight and we would have to implement a very specific work for him to be able to perform at 100% of his capacity."

“Currently Anderson has been weighing 92-94kg (203-207) because he’s been thinking about this dropping weight to take GSP on. Anderson losing 3gk and St-Pierre going up 3kg would be more fair for both of them and for the public, who would watch a great fight.”
    Anderson Silva's doctor says drop to 170 would be 'a crime' - Mixed Martial Arts News

*Taking a page outta Cyborgs play book are we Andy...

** If you cant make the weight the guy your calling out fights at, maybe you shouldnt be calling him out?
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Anderson goes to the same doctor as Cyborg.

Fight at 177.5? No problem
    Fight at 170? END OF THE FUCKING WORLD

3. Default

did we expect anything else ???????????

If I was GSP I would want him to fight at 176. That way you are still the champ if you lose. I say 176 would be fair(er).

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    If I was GSP I would want him to fight at 176. That way you are still the champ if you lose. I say 176 would be fair(er).
    Besides a purse deduction, there's nothing stopping Anderson from coming in heavy, and that puts GSP in the unenviable position of having to give up even more physical size, or bow out of the fight; more than likely killing the card.

"I tried to make weight, but got stuck at 184, we should still fight."

I think Anderson probably has enough respect for GSP and the sport to not do this intentionally, but shit happens man.

Heh, but shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    Besides a purse deduction, there's nothing stopping Anderson from coming in heavy, and that puts GSP in the unenviable position of having to give up even more physical size, or bow out of the fight; more than likely killing the card.

"I tried to make weight, but got stuck at 184, we should still fight."

I think Anderson probably has enough respect for GSP and the sport to not do this intentionally, but shit happens man.

Heh, but shit.
    Excellent point.

I think GSP would still fight, b/c the loss of revenue would be to great, for the UFC and the fighters.

Either way GSP would still retain his title and get more money (which either thing would be cool for me).

It was already said, but if you can't get down to a guys weight class then you shouldn't be challenging him. I'm pretty sure that's why weight classes exist.

Cyroids doctor needs to be fired!!!

“Currently Anderson has been weighing 92-94kg (203-207) because he’s been thinking about this dropping weight to take GSP on.
    Sounds like a LHW to me. Walking around light at 205.

Jon Jones where you at boy?
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I'm too lazy to repost pics of his "doctor" but they're hilarious.

Totally worth the search.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information