Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: White: Shogun vs Gustaffson for #1 contender

Default White: Shogun vs Gustaffson for #1 contender

Notebook: Dana White still angry at Stephan Bonnar; Gustafsson vs. Rua to determine No. 1 contender - MMA Fighting
    GUSTAFSSON VS. RUA TO DETERMINE NO. 1 CONTENDER

As if the stakes weren't already high enough, the winner of UFC on FOX 5's co-main event -- which pits rising contender Alexander Gustafsson against former titleholder Mauricio "Shogun" Rua -- will be in line for a title shot against reigning champion Jon Jones.

UFC President Dana White confirmed the news during Thursday's pre-fight press conference.

"Look at the fights that Shogun has had in his past two or three fights," White said. "There's no doubt about it, he is the gatekeeper right now to that title. So, if Alexander can beat Shogun, he'd get the shot. Shogun wins, he gets it. Unless there's some crazy s**t that happens, which always does."
    Also some notes on Bonnar and Anderson Silva....

Henderson and Machida must really be in the dog house if he's saying this.

Dana saying, "this is a number one contender fight" means absolfuckinglutely nothing. It means less than nothing. It is like me saying I'm gonna start working out. Yeah I think I mean it at the time, but if anything else catches my attention, forget it.

And then pople are surprised why I bash Dana motherfucking White.

Hendo was already the No. 1 contender, Machida was supposed to fight the winner of Jones vs Hendo. Now suddenly both of them are out of the title picture!!

What a fucking joke seriously! I like a lot Shogun and I do not hate Gustafsson, but at this moment the No. 1 contender should be Hendo or Machida!!

UFC policy:

- You can earn a title shot, however if you get injured, then you will have to fight at least 2 more times before we consider you a contender again.

- You can be already the next No. 1 contender. However if you do not accept a senseless fight, then you will have to fight at least 2 more times before we cosnider you a contender again.

- We do not give a fuck about who you are, we do not care about your career. If there is someone that is more entertaining than you, he will have all the preferences over you. No matter if he actually comes from a whole different division. Your only reason to exist in this world is to make money for me. If you do not like that, then Fuck you!
    It is just Business as usual

Yours
    Dana F. White
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

If you're upset at this you should calm down. Dana's got a big fight card on national tv coming up and it is his job to sell it. Why do you think he's been making announcements like crazy the last day or so. GSP/Diaz, Rousey/Carmouche, Barao/McDonald, women on the next TUF, and now this. He's just trying to keep his company in the news in the days leading up to his big fight card.
    I guarantee he will also promote Hendo vs Machida as a #1 contender fight in February.

6. Default

I do believe the Hendricks/Kampmann fight was for the #1 contenders slot as was the Munoz vs Weidman fight.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I do believe the Hendricks/Kampmann fight was for the #1 contenders slot as was the Munoz vs Weidman fight.
    I wish my fight with obesity was a number one contender fight. Dana and I could kill two birds with one stone.

There must be something going on marketing wise that is making the UFC put anyone in the title shot slot even if they arnt the true number one contender. They must really be hurting for buys.

9. Default

Maybe Zuffa finally broke in to the Stockton market and are running a show at the local flea market.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

At this point I'm almost certain that Dana is just trying to piss the fans off. It's almost like he's getting back at us for something. Maybe next time he does an "offensive" segment on Fox, let's not bust his balls so much huh?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information