Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UFC on FOX 5's 'Shogun' Rua longs for soccer kicks, not concerned about titles

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    I always hated soccer kicks. Such a lame ass way to finish a fight by kicking someone in the face when they are on the ground.
    The receiver of the kicks obviously had major failures if he is actually in a position to be kicked in the head. I like to rule. I can't stand that guys are allowed to scoot around on their knees to flail at the standing fighter's legs without repercussion. It seems like such fake combat at that point.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 12-08-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Sure soccer kicks and stomps would b fun but i can see y they r banned. If anything should be legal its upkicks to grounded opponents. When someone is in ur guard raining dwn punches, u should b able to defend ur self by upkicking the shit out of them...fuck this touching the ground game shit.

Why they do not allow soccer kicks to the body? Correct if I am wrong, but did't Anderson used soccer kicks to the hand of Okami?

Also I do not understand why fighters very rarely use knees to the body of a grounded opponent. They can be very very effective and they are legal.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Why they do not allow soccer kicks to the body? Correct if I am wrong, but did't Anderson used soccer kicks to the hand of Okami?

Also I do not understand why fighters very rarely use knees to the body of a grounded opponent. They can be very very effective and they are legal.
    GSP does it often, it's something that he uses and many don't in his ground and pound.

Quote Originally Posted by carbondioxide830 View Post
    Sure soccer kicks and stomps would b fun but i can see y they r banned. If anything should be legal its upkicks to grounded opponents. When someone is in ur guard raining dwn punches, u should b able to defend ur self by upkicking the shit out of them...fuck this touching the ground game shit.
    All these rules prevent it from becoming like a real fight. Real fights often have more dire consequences, but we have a neutered version of a fight at the moment. It highly favors wrestlers often because the strikers can't strike out of the position.

Allowing soccer kicks would increase the number of finishes in MMA to increase but there has to be defined rules that the person receiving is unable to defend himself. The UFC would end up having a circumstance like Arlovski/Silva 4 almost immediately. Soccer kicks are too difficult to implement due to their possible brutality and the difficulty in creating a legal paradigm of how they are allowed in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Soccer kicks to the ribs, back etc could be pretty brutal if they are able to really tee off on them.

Knees to an opponent like that creates space and allows for a potential for them to scramble out to a better position. Much easier to keep your weight on your opponent and stick to punches and elbows.

Abel Trujillo just showed what you can do with some vicious knees to the body.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information