Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KettleBLOCK

Default KettleBLOCK

These are the workouts I will follow.

I am looking to hone my kettlebell skills before I take it to the gym and look foolish. Despite a 200 dollar pricetag, I think that this will be able to teach me how to properly use the kettlebell at home until I transition this into the gym. I have a gym in the complex where I live but it lacks kettlebells. I am looking to finally impose a diet and proper supplementation to myself and get myself ready for a gym.

I venture to think this will take me a month master the form of each routine.

I am actually very interested in kettlebells lately.
    The problem is that at least here, they are not easy to find. Gyms do not have Kettlebells.

However I have read everywhere that those things are extremely useful, and you will get ripped much faster than if you use machines or dumbbells.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    The problem is that at least here, they are not easy to find. Gyms do not have Kettlebells.

However I have read everywhere that those things are extremely useful, and you will get ripped much faster than if you use machines or dumbbells.
    Many mid-size gyms around here have kettlebells currently. I want to master the techniques at home rather than look like an idiot at the gym.

From what I understand is that you must start at a low weight to get your form correct than slowly move up in weight. If you start high weight with shitty form, you will get nowhere and a fraction of the benefit. Much like all weightlifting.

absolutely not true. they are a tool that can be used the right way and the wrong way as much as the barbell (Which you failed to mention).

if you're looking to "Get ripped" then the kettlebell is definitely NOT the easiest way to go about it.

p.s. I use them myself.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Get a barbell...

Deadlifts, Squats, Olympic lifts... thats how you get real power

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    Get a barbell...

Deadlifts, Squats, Olympic lifts... thats how you get real power
    no, that's how you build real STRENGTH. For power, you do Oly lifts, cleans, jerks, CnPs and snatches.

Kid, first of all thanks for putting great avatars hahaha

Secondly, what is in your opinion the best (not neccesarily the fastest or easiest) way to get ripped?
    As far as I know, it is lifting weights (Or doing excercises using your own bodyweight), eating healthy and sleeping a lot.

Since you use kettlebells, in your opinion they have the same effect as dumbbells and barbells?

Also, just out of curiosity. What type of body do you have? Ectomorph or Mesomorph?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Kid, first of all thanks for putting great avatars hahaha

Secondly, what is in your opinion the best (not neccesarily the fastest or easiest) way to get ripped?
    As far as I know, it is lifting weights (Or doing excercises using your own bodyweight), eating healthy and sleeping a lot.

Since you use kettlebells, in your opinion they have the same effect as dumbbells and barbells?

Also, just out of curiosity. What type of body do you have? Ectomorph or Mesomorph?
    haha very welcome!

well, aesthetic does not mean athletics. nor vice versa. Power and strength do not mean ripped physique and again, vice versa. Doing isolated exercises such as curls, tri-extensions, hamstring curls, wrist curls, etc build lean myofibrils.

they are different and for different purposes than both dumb bells and barbells. K-bells are awesome to work on muscular endurance/lactic treshold. They are fun to work with because you do weights and interval training with them essentially like Enter the Kettlebell or Art of Strength work outs.

It's hard to do things like swings with a dumbbell and impossible with a barbell.

K-bells are amazing for hip mobility and are a good base for power and oly lifting forearm and grip work/cradling in the future.

there's no such thing as someone who is a pure ecto, endo or meso. In the SnC world they are rated on a scale of 1-7 for each. So someone could be a 6 ecto, 1 endo, 5 meso. Meaning they are usually lean, don't have a too hard of a time to put on muscle but do not store adipose fat.

If I had to rate myself I'd say I'm 5,2,6. haha

I am close to a true Endo. Boohoohooooo.

I gotta find some better Kettlebell workouts. The above workout needs to be rounded out more.

I have to develop two routines for myself.

The kettlebells were very worth buying for my home. Although, I did not get the Kettleblock because I tested it and it hurt my forearms due to improper technique. I can see it being usable once a person has mastered the technique, but it was completely not worth the cash for the pain I'd be inflicting on myself for the first month.

I bought 2 25s and 1 35 competition Kettlebells... I found that the non-competition ones were much cheaper but I didn't get the same motion and couldn't impose the proper motion while using it. I will buy another 35 in a couple months then switch to 35s but I gotta stick with 25s for now while I tone and learn the technique.

While I ended up dropping about $240 that day instead of the $180 I could have paid by purchasing the non-competition k-bells... I still rationalized that it was worth it because I don't waste money on myself other than booze, weed and better quality food.

The 35 comes in handy for the Turkish Get-Up.

I am kind of addicted to the Kettlebells and wish I could handle using them daily.

Thread Information