Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One-Armed Fighter Nick Newell Wins XFC Lightweight Championship

Default One-Armed Fighter Nick Newell Wins XFC Lightweight Championship

One-Armed Fighter Nick Newell Wins XFC Lightweight Championship

Nick Newell continued to inspire the masses at XFC 21, where he submitted Eric Reynolds to become the XFC lightweight champion.

Early in the fight, Newell completed a suplex to take Reynolds' back. From there, it didn't take long for the congenital amputee to lock up a rear-naked choke and submit Reynolds.

With the victory, Newell is now undefeated in his first nine MMA fights and beginning to look like much more than a disabled fighter beating up on regional competition.

A bout with Reynolds was far from a matchup that would ensure victory for the XFC's most well-known commodity. The 26-year-old Reynolds has earned a win under the Bellator banner and entered Friday's bout with a solid 16-5 record.

Not only did Newell upset Reynolds with relative ease, he disposed of his opponent faster than lightweight stars Eddie Alvarez and Jorge Masvidal could. Those Bellator and Strikeforce standouts weren't able to submit Reynolds until the third round, whereas Newell forced a tap in only 82 seconds.
    One-Armed Fighter Nick Newell Wins XFC Lightweight Championship | Bleacher Report

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Newell got that choke in and it was over. Pretty awesome how it went down. He took Reynolds back and sunk his hooks in. He then immediately got his right arm under the chin and then locked it in with his half arm. Then it was "good night Irene." Reynolds went to get hand control, but quickly found out there was no hand to control.

The kid is good. He is quick and has good chokes. His kicks are awesome and he uses his body well. He needs to get the take down b/c he is succeptible to overhand rights and right high kicks, but he moves well to avoid these. This is about the third live one I have seen and it is exciting.

I know he doesn't want to talk about the disability helping him, but it did help, and like he said everyone has different bodies. It was nice he had that other kid there with him. Special note: I played basket ball with a kid growing up who had one good arm and the other was amputated in a farm accident. This dude could use that nub to stop you dead in your tracks when you hit the low post.

3. Default

Holy double deja vu Cat! Have you been drinking in anticipation for Rorys Fight?
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Good find Cat, Rep'd
    I hope this post doesn't creep out Sakara=Excitement.

Okay, he definitely has two arms, but only one hand. It's still incredible, but slightly misleading.
    “Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance.”

This is awesome although I legitimately wonder, how does he improve the strength of his upper body without one of his arms? I'd imagine he wouldn't be able to do pulldowns, rows, bench presses, etc. at least not on both sides. He still looks pretty toned.

Brown Pride

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

9. Default

You'll always remember the originator.

Covers and remakes are cool, didn't you know?
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Thread Information