Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ufc on fox 5 bonuses

1. Default Ufc on fox 5 bonuses

MMAjunkie.com

SEATTLE – Yves Edwards and John Albert earned $65,000 bonuses for their performances at Saturday's UFC on FOX 5 event, and Scott Jorgensen doubled up with $130,000 in bonus cash.

Edwards earned the "Knockout of the Night" award, Jorgensen won the "Submission of the Night" bonus, and then picked up "Fight of the Night" honors for his first-round win over Albert.

UFC officials announced the winners and bonus amounts following the event, which took place at Seattle's KeyArena.

The event's main card aired on FOX following prelims on FX and Facebook.

Edwards (42-18-1 MMA, 10-6 UFC) was fighting for the first time in a year and his knockout of Jeremy Stephens (20-9 MMA, 7-7 UFC) was impressive in that it was the first time Stephens has been knocked out in his career. Stephens was setting the striking tone in the first round, but when he threw a right hand, Edwards threw one at the same time that landed first and put Stephens on the canvas. Edwards followed him to the ground, landed a few punches, and then a right elbow sealed the deal.

Jorgensen (14-6 MMA, 3-2 UFC) opened up the card with a thrilling finish that originally was just seen on Facebook – though it made its way onto the close of the prelims on FX. The bantamweight took Albert's back with 10 seconds left in the first round, locked in a rear-naked choke and squeezed for all it was worth. He forced Albert (7-4 MMA, 1-3 UFC) to tap with less than one second left in the first round, and the thrilling finish was good enough to get him a second bonus – and help put $65,000 in Albert's pocket, as well – for "Fight of the Night."
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Daron Cruickshank better have gotten himself an "of the books" OTN bonus.

I'd rank it as a top ten OTY right now...

Not sure how a 1 round fights gets FOTN honours.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    Not sure how a 1 round fights gets FOTN honours.
    Yeah, I agree....but there really wasn't alot to choose from and the finish was exciting as all hell especially since Albert had the sub in early on. Siver/Pham and Bendo/Nate were one sided as all hell and Shogun/Goose was sloppy and not too competitive either and Swick/Brown was just plain sloppy too.

I'd have actually picked Martinez/Cruickshank for FOTN and KOTN with Swick/Brown second....

KO of the night should have gone to the sauna for knocking out Tim Means.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I think any of the prelims were deserving of an OTN honors, best prelims I think I have seen in a long time

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

8. Default

I liked Cruickshank the kids got something there. Agree with Fed on his picks for OTN bonus's

Edwards is really growing on me, as he's getting older he's gotten really humble and I love his tricky style. That was my favorite fight of the night; Stephens kept coming after Edwards trying to take his head off with those right hands and Edwards just waited for a really loopy punch and nailed it.

Zombie is born!

Rory is scary. He is so calm. I would hate to fight that guy (or any of those people on that stage).

Nate seemed really cool at the presser.

They better have given Crushchaink a back room bonus.

Thread Information