+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dana White: Anderson Silva wants a new 10-fight deal with UFC

Default Dana White: Anderson Silva wants a new 10-fight deal with UFC

Dana White: Anderson Silva wants a new 10-fight deal with UFC

If we're to believe UFC President Dana White, Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva wants a new contract from the promotion. But he doesn't want a run-of-the-mill four or five fight deal. He wants 10 -- count 'em -- 10 more fights.
    Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva is currently signed with the promotion for two more fights. He's gone back-and-forth on the subject of retirement, first saying he would be out of the game at 35-years-old, then later claiming he could continue his career for another 10 years.

As of late, it's seemed he's content on taking it one fight at a time. But if we're to believe UFC President Dana White, that's not the case.

That's because he revealed to fans during a live chat with MetroPCS that the UFC approached the reigning pound-for-pound king with a new 8-fight contract offer. And he turned it down.

"Fuck that, I want a 10-fight deal," Silva said. Or at least that's what White said Silva said. Expletive likely added.
    Dana White: Anderson Silva wants a new 10-fight deal with UFC - MMAmania.com
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Where the fuck did this come from, all of this talk about possibly retiring soon then this comes out of nowhere??? Are we supposed to take this seriously as fans? I'm so confused...

Meh.....

10 more fights ? Against who, if the bastard wont even defend his fucking title now.

I'd sign him up right now. Silva will still put asses in seats 3-4 years from now.

Anderson Silva has not been tested in his UFC career outside of that 5 rounder against Sonnen. Look at all his fights. They were 1st or 2nd round KO/TKO. His 5 rounders with Maia and Leites were uneventful. The point is, he has BARELY taken any damage during his UFC career. He hasnt had years taken off his body due to taking damage. He seems to be getting stronger each fight.

10 fights would be nothing for him. The way he fights, its really 10-20 rounds of fighting for him.

Fighters say It's not the fights that are the hard part about being a fighter, it's the training and diet regimen they have to undergo multiple times a year. That takes a serious toll on your body. Silva should retire IMO, I wish he would've retired after the 2nd Sonnen fight.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Weidman should be facing him about 9 fights from now.

8. Default

He won't even defend his MW title. Who the fuck is he gonna fight?
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Meh.....

10 more fights ? Against who, if the bastard wont even defend his fucking title now.
    After he beats the 170lb champ, he can challenge the 155, 145, 135, 125 and 115lb champs. After that, he could fight the 135lb female champ and then go up to 205 and fight a non top 5 in that division. By that time, Leben and Cotes should be ready for rematches (I think that would add up to 10 fights).

Great news. Reason being is that if he signs a 10 fight deal and doesn't retire before he completes his contract then he's going to lose a fight at some point.

Plus I'll admit even though I don't like him, he is an exciting fighter and I always get pumped for his fights. It's always good to have someone to root against.

Brown Pride

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information