Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC on Fox 5 Photos: Ben Henderson fought with a toothpick in his mouth against Nate

Default UFC on Fox 5 Photos: Ben Henderson fought with a toothpick in his mouth against Nate

UFC on Fox 5 Photos: Ben Henderson fought with a toothpick in his mouth against Nate Diaz - Bloody Elbow

The topic was brought up again at the post-fight press conference, and Henderson was a bit coy saying "I cannot confirm nor deny that. I normally do. I have been through practices, and when I spar, and when I fight. It’s a bad habit, but whatever. I have gotten away with it so far."
    The photo above is Henderson celebrating right after the bout ended, and below is another screen grab in between the earlier rounds. Shortly after, Henderson's cornerman told him to "put that toothpick in your mouth," as they likely didn't want the athletic commission to see that small, yet illegal strip of wood.

Very weird situation. I don't really care too much either way, but it's probably something he shouldn't do in the future.

Having a tooth pick in your mouth during a fight is just asking for some freak accident to happen.

Wonder how he started that? Just must be his thing. Don't care either way, but that was the last fight he gets to do that, b/c they will be checking from now on. Definitely could see something going wrong with, or a freak accident.

Must be a good luck charm

It could be a concentration thing. I always found I couldn't play ball that well if I wasn't chewing gum

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Big Country View Post
    Must be a good luck charm
    Pretty much my guess.

Watch them remove it before his next fight and he gets ko'd lol

He could legit get fucked by the commission for this. Even though it didn't change the outcome of the fight. He better be hoping they ignore this.

For the next fight, he should walk out with a toothpick hanging from the side of his mouth. He should conspicuously chunk it out prior to his frisking, all the while keeping one hidden safely within his cheek.

BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

This is just insane. My thought process is he didn't want to get punched in the face at all and put the toothpick in his mouth to remind him of that. Who knows?

He should get fined or penalized in some way, it puts both fighters at risk.

Thread Information