Thread: Nick Diaz's Suspension Upheld By A Judge

1. Default Nick Diaz's Suspension Upheld By A Judge

Nick Diaz's Suspension Upheld By A Judge - FightLine.com

In what may likely be Nick Diaz's (26-8-1 NC) last chance for his current suspension to be overturned, a Nevada judge has denied his request.
    The yearlong suspension and fine remains in effect, meaning that Diaz can reapply for a fighter's license on February 4. Diaz was penalized by the NSAC after he tested positive for marijuana for the second time following his UFC 143 loss to Carlos Condit (26-8-1 NC).

Diaz's lawyer argued that his client had a California medical marijuana license and the NSAC violated his rights when they suspended him, however a judge threw the case out on Friday.

It's believed that Diaz will return at UFC 158 on March 16 against current welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre. The card airs out of Canada from the Bell Centre.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

2. Default

Don't know why he even bothered to appeal. It was his second offense, why would they show leniency?
    ------------------

Free Diaz...

the guys just want to get paid.

Where you at George?

I don't smoke pot and I dislike Diaz, but I find it ridiculous that a man would be barred from a job for having it in his system.

Brown Pride

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Don't know why he even bothered to appeal. It was his second offense, why would they show leniency?
    because the suspension is fuckign retarded. also, the first time he wasn't a part of an american mma organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesnar_FTW View Post
    I don't smoke pot and I dislike Diaz, but I find it ridiculous that a man would be barred from a job for having it in his system.
    Without getting into the pot/PED debate, there are a ton of jobs that do not allow it to be in you system. If you want to work somewhere that doesn't allow pot and tests you regularly, you run a real risk of getting fired, much less suspended. If you gotta have pot, you just automatically limit your opportunities by choice. Its all about priorities.

7. Default

It was a rule the first time Nick got busted and it never changed. I personelly have had drug tests for employment for 30 years. Alls I can think of is Ron White " You can't fix stupid"

Thread Information