Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Brown discusses his future following UFC on Fox 3 fight

1. Default Matt Brown discusses his future following UFC on Fox 3 fight

MMAjunkie.com

SEATTLE – Could 2012's "Comeback Fighter of the Year" be Matt Brown?

After all, the 31-year-old Ohio native was mired in a 1-4 slump when the calendar year began, and after an impressive main-card win over Mike Swick, he now boasts a four-fight win streak that includes a national-television appearance at Saturday's UFC on FOX 5 event in Seattle.

It's an impressive accomplishment but one that "The Immortal" refuses to over-hype.

"Hopefully it means a lot to everybody else," Brown said at Saturday's post-event press conference. "It's just another fight to me. I'm glad that I got to do it on a big stage on FOX with a lot of people to show what I can do."
    Brown has been flying largely under the radar in recent preliminary-card wins over Luis Ramos, Stephen Thompson and Chris Cope. However, on Saturday, he and Swick were tapped for the evening's first FOX-broadcast bout, and most MMA pundits expected the two to set the tone for an evening of high-quality action.

But Swick struggled to get in his groove and according to a FightMetric report landed just 31 percent of his significant strike attempts compared to 64 percent for Brown. The majority of those blows came in the second round, when Brown landed 23 strikes to just eight for Swick. Included in that tally was a devastating two-punch combination that flattened Swick, and Brown followed to the floor to seal the result of the 2:31 mark of the second round.

While he made a claim for the evening's "Knockout of the Night" bonus with the impressive result, Yves Edwards ultimately earned that award. Still, Brown now boasts three stoppage wins in his past four appearances and has likely earned himself another main-card appearance. Whether or not he'll again be an underdog, as he was on Saturday night, remains to be seen. But Brown seems completely unconcerned.

"Every day I just wake up, train as hard as I can and do the best that I can in every aspect of my life and go to bed and try to do it again the next day," Brown said. "I don't really worry about all the other things in life. I just take it one day at a time and do the best I can."
    And as for the winning streak, Brown was equally humble and uncertain.

"Hopefully it moves me up somewhere," Brown said.[/
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Wish Matt got the bonus!

3. Default

Now is the time I miss chris lytle. a fight between him and matt brown would be epic-ness.

They already fought at UFC 116. Lytle tapped him out.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    They already fought at UFC 116. Lytle tapped him out.
    I think they fought multiple times.. each time ending poorly for brown. I am a big fan of brown though, his fights are always dynamite.

6. Default

Swicks went through a lot just to get back into the cage. Browns next fight will tell me more of were Swick was on a scale. Liked both fighters and wish Brown well on his future.

7. Default

I am really impressed with the run Brown is on now. Just a cherry on top to see Swick get KO'd.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

That's my boy. I was so psyched when he ko'd swick. I ran around the house screaming.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Would love to see him fed to the likes of a Rory Kos or Pierce...But I see Matt getting Kampmann next
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Just a cherry on top to see Swick get KO'd.
    What do you have against Swick?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information