Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Benson Henderson wants to know if we're getting the message yet?

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    To each his own, but I don't feel that he has made his bones as the LW champ yet. That's just me. Take it however you want. His razor thin, controversial wins over Edgar were not that impressive. He kicked Nates ass which was a nice display of his skills but it was so one sided. He needs someone to take him to war.

Only message I've gotten from Bendo is that our God is an awesome God, la laa lalala la la...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Umm Edgar took him to war, lol.
    How about Cerrone in their first fight? I still think Cerrone won that first fight.

I was impressed by Bendo last night, he put some nice words out too, good on him. I had picked Diaz to win but he sure got his ass kicked. Disappointed they didn't interview Diaz right after.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Umm Edgar took him to war, lol.
    To each his own.

Those fights were battles but they were so close and I don't remember either of them ever being in any real danger. That's what I mean by a war is when the fight is really dramatic. I'm not trying to knock Bendo... Just saying that he needs someone to really take it to him.

Since we're on the subject, i'm not one of the people who think Bendo "won" those Edgar fights. I'm not going to bitch about it because what's done is done, but yeah... That's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    How about Cerrone in their first fight? I still think Cerrone won that first fight.
    I mean as the UFC champ.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Everyone's shitting on Diaz now, but the guy totally dominated Jim Miller and Donald Cerrone. I think he just had a really bad fight, while Bendo had a really good fight. I definitely want to see Bendo fight again soon against a top guy like Maynard or Pettis.

I'm hoping they do something along the lines of Pettis/Cerrone winner gets the title shot, then next in line maybe Dos Anjos/Maynard. Everyone else seems to have lost recently.

Zombie is born!

Last night was definitely a bad night for Diaz. One issue I have both Diaz brothers is they're unwilling to adapt or change their gameplan midfight when their original one doesn't work.

Not taking nothing from Bendo, but all athletes have a bad night too, plus Bendo had a great night at the same time.

I was thinking about my post and wanted to clarify a few things so people don't take it the wrong way or so roaddawg doesn't think i'm racist.

I liked Bendo before he became the champ. I wasn't a huge fan or anything but his fights were fun to watch and he seemed like a good guy. The fights with Edgar are what got me to dislike him a bit but when I really think about it, I shouldn't feel that way. It's not his fault the fights were so close and he wasn't a judge either. I think my biggest thing with him was how he came off and spoke after both Edgar fights as if he had thoroughly dominated him and then immediately started talking about breaking Anderson's records. I don't hate the guy for that but it just took away from my neutral stance.

He's a great fighter, well rounded, very strong and athletic, puts things together very well, and fights smart. His nickname actually suits him pretty well when it comes to his fighting style. He shut Bocek, Miller, Guida, and Nate down and put a beating on them. That is what he does. He is the bigger, stronger athletic wrestler of the LW division and I think there's only very few LW's that have a chance against him and they're slim at that. I think it is going to take someone who can beat Bendo at his own game to defeat him unless there is someone with extremely devastating striking (like if Aldo finishes Edgar and moves to LW) who can manage to land a clean shot.

To cement himself as the image he is trying to reach, he's going to need to win a few more intense fights. With the way the LW division is looking right now, he could be champ for a while.

I am looking forward to seeing who the future contenders for him are.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Bendo has a masterful performance and people bitch about it? Id love to see him derail the Aldo hype train but I think Frankie is going to do it for us.

I've been following bendo for along time and that is the biggest I've seen him and his cardio seemed endless. Funny how that same gameplan he employed would work perfectly against Penn.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

I was very impressed with Bendo's performance last night... There are guys at LW that can beat Nate, but not like Ben did...

He landed some very powerful leg kicks, dropped him twice and manhandled him in the clinch...

I could see someone like Edgar pulling out a UD against Diaz(even though Nate would be a tougher stylistic matchup for him, than Diaz was for Ben) but it certainly would not look that way... Frankie cannot generate that type of power in his kicks or takedowns... It would have been another stick and move gameplan mixed in with a few surprise takedowns, doing minimal damage.

I like Ben a lot... Always brings it and his decision wins are usually exciting fights... He may not be the finisher that Anderson, Jones, Aldo, JDS are but is an exciting fighter.... certainly more so than Edgar.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Last night was definitely a bad night for Diaz. One issue I have both Diaz brothers is they're unwilling to adapt or change their gameplan midfight when their original one doesn't work.

Not taking nothing from Bendo, but all athletes have a bad night too, plus Bendo had a great night at the same time.
    Nothing against Nate or Nick because they have really solid skills and really excel in a couple areas but their ability to vary their gameplan is pretty limited. They have great boxing which sometimes allows them to transition into subs and they don't have a lot more then that. If the boxing fails and the opponent has good sub defense they are in trouble.

Thread Information