Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Benson Henderson wants to know if we're getting the message yet?

If anyone wonders what Nick Diaz vs GSP would look like, just pop in the Henderson vs Nate tape.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    If anyone wonders what Nick Diaz vs GSP would look like, just pop in the Henderson vs Nate tape.
    I think if anything this fight and the Condit fight might make Nick rethink his usual approach.

Are athletes really self-centered enough to think God cares about a MMA fight when he doesn't give two shits about kids dying of white phosphorus poisoning?

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    I've been following bendo for along time and that is the biggest I've seen him and his cardio seemed endless. Funny how that same gameplan he employed would work perfectly against Penn.
    Jack Slack talks about the similarities in the Diaz brothers' and Penn's narrow, almost side-on stance, and about the strengths and weaknesses of it. You gain length and snap on the jab along with presenting a smaller profile to head strikes, but it makes you vulnerable to outside low kicks.

5. Default

Nate got dropped by a punch to his thigh.

'Nuf said.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Are athletes really self-centered enough to think God cares about a MMA fight when he doesn't give two shits about kids dying of white phosphorus poisoning?
    Don't you know that God is everywhere and can be all things to all people and surely has time to devote to everyone especially dying kids and MMA fighters.

I've always personally wondered do the athletes feel god/jesus is responsible for when they lose to ? especially by a brutal ko ?
    Last edited by Rise; 12-10-2012 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Yeah it was a great fight by Bendo. He obviously trains his ass off, comes in big and in great shape and never gets tired.

It's no coincidence that most champions are pretty big for their weightclass, Diaz is going to have to work on his clinch game and add a bit more strength if he ever wants to be champ...maybe also just do leg presses a shitload since Henderson's are twice as big as his lol
    Size wasn't the issue in this fight. Diaz came in touted as having the best boxing south of Anderson and a 9" length advantage in this bout, and got schooled from wire to wire.

I'm not a big fan over oversized fighters. I'm dead-set against Dolce and 20lb+ weight cuts. I'm firmly in favor of same-day weigh ins.

Diaz was outskilled and outworked...it wasn't just size.

Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    Everyone's shitting on Diaz now, but the guy totally dominated Jim Miller and Donald Cerrone. I think he just had a really bad fight, while Bendo had a really good fight.
    People shouldn't be shitting on Diaz. He had his eye closed for him in the first round. It was really over from there, but he went the distance based on heart.

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    I've been following bendo for along time and that is the biggest I've seen him and his cardio seemed endless. Funny how that same gameplan he employed would work perfectly against Penn.
    Before the bouts, I'd assumed Penn was just too small to beat GSPJr, and was hoping he'd drop back to LW after a game-but-unsuccessful showing [which didn't happen, obviously]. As a Penn fan, I have zero desire to see him face Henderson.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    you care obviously and you have free will to do at least something about it.. what are you doing to help the problem?

Thread Information