Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC on FOX 5 Salaries

1. Default UFC on FOX 5 Salaries

UFC on Fox 5 Salaries:

Though former UFC light heavyweight champion Mauricio Rua was handed a defeat by Alexander Gustafsson on Saturday night at UFC on Fox 5, “Shogun” nonetheless walked away from the Key Arena in Seattle with the evening’s largest disclosed payday.

The Washington State Department of Licensing released the salary information on Wednesday. Rua pocketed $175,000 for his three-round unanimous decision defeat at the hands of “The Mauler,” who earned $60,000 for his efforts. Former two-division champion B.J. Penn came in second place, receiving $150,000 for his loss to Canadian prospect Rory MacDonald, who took home $42,000 along with the victory.

Additionally, UFC lightweight king Benson Henderson made $78,000 for his masterful decision victory over a game Nate Diaz ($50,000) in the evening’s main event, flooring the Cesar Gracie product twice and using his wrestling and athleticism to dominate most of the grappling and scrambles during the exciting, five-round affair.

Prior to the aforementioned contests, Matt Brown ($54,000) kicked off the evening’s main card broadcast on Fox with an excellent performance against fellow welterweight Mike Swick ($48,000), knocking out “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 1 veteran with a snapping, two-punch combination midway through round two.

Note: The disclosed purses reported by state athletic commissions do not include any performance-based or discretionary bonuses that may be awarded to a fighter by the promotion. Additionally, the reported figures do not reflect any deductions made by the commission for taxes, insurance, etc., and do not include any sponsorship money that a fighter may acquire for their performance.

UFC on Fox 5 Salaries:

Benson Henderson: $78,000
    (Includes $39,000 win bonus)

Nate Diaz: $50,000

Alexander Gustafsson: $60,000
    (Includes $30,000 win bonus)

Mauricio Rua: $175,000

Rory MacDonald: $42,000
    (Includes $21,000 win bonus)

B.J. Penn: $150,000

Matt Brown: $54,000
    (Includes $27,000 win bonus)

Mike Swick: $48,000

Yves Edwards: $32,000
    (Includes $16,000 win bonus)

Jeremy Stephens: $24,000

Raphael Assuncao: $38,000
    (Includes $19,000 win bonus)

Mike Easton: $14,000

Ramsey Nijem: $20,000
    (Includes $10,000 win bonus)

Joe Proctor: $8,000

Daron Cruickshank: $16,000
    (Includes $8,000 win bonus)

Henry Martinez: $8,000

Abel Trujillo: $12,000
    (Includes $6,000 win bonus)

Marcus LeVesseur: $8,000

Dennis Siver: $62,000
    (Includes $31,000 win bonus)

Nam Phan: $10,000

Scott Jorgensen: $41,000
    (Includes $20,500 win bonus)

John Albert: $10,000
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Scott Jorgensen walks into the fight thinking he ain't makin' shit.
    Walks away almost making Rory money.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    Scott Jorgensen walks into the fight thinking he ain't makin' shit.
    Walks away almost making Rory money.
    Not to mention the extra 130k he got. He made BJ money

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I think Benson is about due for a raise at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I think Benson is about due for a raise at this point.
    Their just the "disclosed" pays. Id bet anything Ben makes alot more then that from Zuffa. And Im sure his contract will be up'd a good % if hes still the champ come that time.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Who the hell is Rory's manager!? S/he should be fired.

Jorgensen made some serious bank for a guy who fought on the Facebook prelims. Although I didnt think he deserved the FOTN bonus, but still nice to see the smaller guys getting some attention. His sub with one second left was very deserving.

Daron Cruickshank and Abel Trujillo, 2 newcomers shined in their victories. I think UFC were impressed and will be bumping up their pay next fight. Cruickshank had that sick leg kick KO as well, and I wouldnt be surprised if he was given a backstage bonus in the same amount as all the other OTN .

Being the champ, headliner, the exposure he got from promos on FOX he did, I'm sure Benson made significantly north of just $78,000. His sponsors probably doubled and I'm sure with the great performance he put on, UFC gave him a big check backstage. I wouldnt be surprised if his total pay before expenses, was in the $500,000 range.

7 cents Vern?

I haven't found my pennies yet!
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by LefthookStcrook View Post
    Their just the "disclosed" pays. Id bet anything Ben makes alot more then that from Zuffa. And Im sure his contract will be up'd a good % if hes still the champ come that time.
    Yeah he probably got more backstage and sponsorships and what not. Just saying he should have a higher base salary at this point he's clearly proved himself at LW.

I'd say he's a little ahead of a couple of the guys who had higher base pay then him. (namely Nate)

Damn, Im surprised swick makes that much.

Thread Information